X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update: 1962 Lark Pace Car Mailer Reprints

RE: Reprints of the 1962 Lark Pace Car Mailer "advertised" in this thread:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...highlight=pace

I picked them up from the printer Monday afternoon, February 13th. They had a press break, so my order had to get in line through the two remaining "good" presses. Thus, they were a day late finishing the order.

No matter, they came out real nice. (I had even forgotten there were three ink colors -black, red, blue- when I said earlier there were only two; black and red!)

Also, the actual image area is 11X17. I had them printed on the next size larger paper so all the 11X17 image appeared and then trimmed them to the final 11X17 size, exactly as the original. Thus, some of the checkered flag border bleeds off along the edge, as does the original. They are 100% size reprints in every way. (Otherwise, if they had tried to print an 11X17 image on an 11X17 sheet, they would have lost about 5% of the detail around the edge, which they did not by virtue of using larger paper and then trimming it back.)

Accordingly, I just returned from the Post Office, having mailed standing orders from the following people, with (quantity) mailed being noted. No particular order:

Tim Johnson (1)
    Bob Andrews (3)
    Warren Webb (3)
    Duane Miller (1)
    Bruce Slifer (3)
    John Verbeek (6)
    Ted Hurd (1)
    Stan Harlozinski (3)
    Dave Bates (3)
    Gary Sanders (1)

All the above orders have been mailed. If you ordered and your name isn't there, it means I haven't received your order yet. That includes what I received in today's mail (Tuesday, February 14).

Additional copies are still available, so anyone who would like one or more may order as outlined in the linked thread above. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

BTW, here's a photo of one of the reprints.

They're on bright white paper; I'm not sure why this reproduced with a brownish cast. But this is an actual reprint.

This is after the first "unfold," from 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 to 8 1/2 X 11.

Then, it opens up from here to a full 11X17 inside, with the images as shown in Dick's post #33 to that earlier thread:

Last edited by BobPalma; 02-15-2012, 02:25 PM.
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the update Bob!

Comment

Bob, the check is in the mail for (3). Does the 3 for 10 Special come with FRIES?
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          Bob, the check is in the mail for (3). Does the 3 for 10 Special come with FRIES?

How many packets of ketchup do you want with those fries, Rich?

(I think I'll mail the packets in a separate envelope, though; 'could get messy otherwise.) BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

I just recieved mine-they look great!Highly recommended. Thanks again,Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Bates View Post
              I just received mine-they look great! Highly recommended. Thanks again,Bob
              You're welcome, Dave (and Gary and John, below!). 'Glad you guys liked them. BP
              Last edited by BobPalma; 02-16-2012, 08:59 PM. Reason: acknowledged Gary's & John's feedback

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Received mine today. Very nice.
                Thank you for having this reprinted.
                Gary Sanders
                Nixa, MO

Comment

Got mine today too. Very nice, Thanks Bob!

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                    No fries, Rich, but your check arrived today and your copies have already been mailed.

At the last minute, I upped the press run to 65 copies, so I have a couple dozen still available for anyone who wants to purchase one (or more). $4 each, 3 for $10.

Includes First-Class U.S. postage, mailed with a stiffener in a new kraft envelope so they [hopefully] arrive in good shape, as several recipients have herein reported. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Got mine yesterday & wasnt disappointed. Thanks again Bob!!!
                      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                      64 Zip Van
                      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
                      X