nice white 63 GT on e-bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice white 63 GT on e-bay

Sorry- I don't know how to add the e-bay link to my post.
    My question is- anyone familiar with the seller "Cruisin48" ?
    Has had several very nice Studes on e-bay in the past, including this GT.
    All of the cars listed on his website are well done and have immaculate undercarriages.
    I am wondering- does anyone know the history on this GT ?
    Or, possibly, does this seller do his own restorations ?

Link to the ebay ad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/63-ST...item4cfe4fa680
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

Don't know the answer to your question but, the seller has been known to offer some nice quality Stude for sale over the last few years. I'm offering my opinion to any body that want's to listen. ??????????????I know, Opinions are like asse holes- every body has one. Just my 2 cent's worth. I wouldn't be fearfull of buying from him after looking at pictures and speaking with him. If anybody's in the market. Call him up. Ask him what it's gonna take to make that car yours. Hell, make him an offer after he tells you his price. He'd rather cancel the auction and sell it outright than pay the e bay comission fee. An advantage to both buyer and seller. Not like people are in line to buy that car. He's getting world wide exposure for cheap That's why it's on the Bay. My hawk may be as nice as that one but guaranteed, he'll sell that one cheaper. There are more nice Studes on the market than there are buyers for them. It may not be a 400 point concours show car but it sure is nice. You ain't gonna restore one for what you can buy that one for. Plus, it's ready to roll. If ya ain't got the cash, get an antique auto loan and make payments. You'll be driving in class immediately vs. making payments on parts and services to a project car which may be undrivable for years. cheers jimmijim
      Originally posted by boomer View Post
      Sorry- I don't know how to add the e-bay link to my post.
      My question is- anyone familiar with the seller "Cruisin48" ?
      Has had several very nice Studes on e-bay in the past, including this GT.
      All of the cars listed on his website are well done and have immaculate undercarriages.
      I am wondering- does anyone know the history on this GT ?
      Or, possibly, does this seller do his own restorations ?
      Last edited by jimmijim8; 02-14-2012, 08:46 AM.
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

The car looks nice and the average ebay bidder won't notice the non stock items on the car. For me, the incorrect interior and the 64 hood ornament on the hood would drive me nuts if the bidding went too high.
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Nuts then and no nuttier now

After some paint shop assholes ruined my grille{ not Stude smart} I replaced it with a 63 shell that someone mounted a 64 hood ornament atop it. I'm fine with it now but what kept me from going over the edge was having a complete vanilla leather interior sewn up by Jim Lawrence FBN interiors and having it installed in my car It does have the correct size pleats but you can not dielectric seam leather. Lovely. cheers jimmijim
          Originally posted by JDP View Post
          The car looks nice and the average ebay bidder won't notice the non stock items on the car. For me, the incorrect interior and the 64 hood ornament on the hood would drive me nuts if the bidding went too high.
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Nice GT.

Also, there is a couple of days to go on my old 63 GT being sold by the person I sold it to...

63 GT

The history of the car is documented in the TW article posted with the listing.
            Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

gotta love that spare tire and the "is it coming or going air cleaner".....

Comment

I can't believe my eyes. Are you chittin me?

Jack, your comment about spare tire and "coming and going air cleaner" left me a bit puzzled as I thought you were speaking about Dicks usta-be car. I figured bias ply spare tire okay, but what the heck is this about a coming and going air cleaner? I was about to ask you but happened to check the photos of the white GT from Clearwater Florida before doing so. I saw the "coming and going air cleaner" on that car. I 'bout flipped over backwards in my wheelchair. I have a 63 GT. I bought it from the original owners son who's father now deceased for a bit over 7 years was the original owner and also a Studebaker dealear back in the day. Salmone Studebaker turned to Salmone Toyota, Needham Massachusetts. My car was shipped to me in great condition with service stickers posted in the door jambs dating to 1982. 52,000 miles. It would seem that the car had been in hibernation since then cause there wasn't but a few miles difference from the odometer and what was written on the sticker. I can best describe my car as being a survivor as I received it. Of course I have safed out the brake system and done routine maintenance things to it but still it was as received as I think left the factory. One thing that puzzles me is that it came to me with that same type "coming or going air cleaner" My car is a 289-2 barrel auto on the column. Factory air, with day-night rear view mirror with a {blue plastic}Studebaker first aid kit by Johnson&Johnson in the glove box. I'll post a photo of my engine compartment in the morning. cheers jimmijim
                Last edited by jimmijim8; 02-14-2012, 08:33 PM.

Comment

In spite of how strange that looks and the wrong orientation (clocking) of it, it DOES make sense because I believe that is a AFB or Edelbrock 4 Barrel Carb. under there, obviously needing an inlet tube opening closer to its size than the way undersized stock units.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

'All that meat and no potatoes'------------------(No power steering!)

Comment

Thanks to all for the input ! As I can only afford to support one at a time, before I buy another Stude, I will have to sell my Hawk.
                      Really want my next one to be a 53-55 V-8, K body, or a 63-64 GT.

Comment

Working...
                      X