X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Who makes Studebaker?"

sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

We should not give up on our youth... there is hope!
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

If you have one you running, drive over in a Studebaker and show her one...and thanks for not talking down to her or treating her like a dunce for not knowing about Studebaker. That makes you a true ambassador for our cause and a hero in my eyes.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
        ...and thanks for not talking down to her or treating her like a dunce for not knowing about Studebaker.
        Exactly! It makes MUCH more sense to do it Junior's way than to EXPECT everyone to know and like the same cars we do, then get angry when they don't. (might apply to other areas also )
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Great way to approach things. They have not made Stude in 46 years, and honestly, they were not that popular or common for a number of years prior to that, and were never a huge sales number manufacturer. Truth be told, we should all just be happy anyone know what they are at this point, and be happy to teach anyone who shows any interest at all.

Comment

About the only thing that bugs me any more is when someone looks at the door of my GT and reads"Grand Torino"
            Neil Thornton

Comment

Got any pics of the console?

Comment

Got any pics of the parts girl?
                Because...Dude...
                Keeper.

Comment

If you have one you running, drive over in a Studebaker and show her one...and thanks for not talking down to her or treating her like a dunce for not knowing about Studebaker. That makes you a true ambassador for our cause and a hero in my eyes.
                  The physical therapist was here to see my wife who thankfully is slowly getting stronger. I don't recall if the P.T. saw a car magazine or what, but cars just happened to come up in the conversation. She said her girlfriend is a car person. I showed her a photo of our Studebaker Avanti and she got all excited and said she liked it more than the Mustangs and Corvettes her friend admires. She had not heard of Studebakers. The next time she came she asked more questions, so I wrote down some key words so she and her friend could learn more about Studebakers on the interent. Have to appreciate a gal like that!
                  "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                    About the only thing that bugs me any more is when someone looks at the door of my GT and reads"Grand Torino"
                    I got a note attached to my wiper last fall, "Nice Car and a good movie too". I too wish people could read.

Allen
                    1964 GT Hawk
                    PSMCDR 2014
                    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                    PSMCDR 2013
                    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

StudebakerRr2-4 me. That's sad, but it's also funny as he77!!

Comment

Who makes Studebaker? Could it be said that Packard made Studebakers from 1955 onward? Just food for thought.
                        sigpic
                        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Most of my High School friends did not know what a 'Studebaker' was when I got my first one.
                          ....and that was way back in 1968
                          It was the only one in our small community, and just like today, I was constantly being asked 'Who makes Studebaker'?
                          ...Except when it wasn't being called a 'Rambler'....which nowdays most often will draw just as blank a stare as mentioning Studebaker.

Then there was my wonderful Hudson. ....Huh? Or my DeSoto ???
                          Hey, I'm just glad to be one of the old foggies that got to experience first-hand many of those now long forgotten makes.
                          Won't be very long and few will remember the Oldsmobile, Pontiac, or Mercury.
                          Last edited by Jessie J.; 02-12-2012, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Wow, kind words...just seems to me more and more folks have not heard of Studebaker as time marches on, and this just stands to reason. I finally realized this when I made my own Studebaker shop coat, and I wear it in my classroom (I'm a middle school shop teacher)....lots of kids ask me why I have a Pepsi coat on as that is all they can connect with when they see the red-white-blue lazy S crest...then I ask them about the word 'Studebakder' on my coat and want to know what that means to them, usually it is returned with shrugs of shoulders or blank stares. Thats when I take a few seconds to explain that they were cool cars, and the last one was built in 1966, and in Canada, then I take them over to the wall by my whiteboard that has a collection of cool car photos and point out the Studes. Some like them, some would rather gaze at the Lambos and Ferarris, and so it goes...I just naturally learned to quit getting agitated when folks have no idea what Sudebakers are. Regards, Junior
                            sigpic
                            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                              Hey, why not remove the red, white , and blue stripes and replace it with a small blue oval Furd logo....now that would really get'em! lol lol lol...just kidding!
                              sigpic
                              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Working...
                              X