Avanti wire wheel covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti wire wheel covers

Anyone have any ideas on what wire wheel covers will fit a 63 Avanti. I already converted the wheels and have radial tires. Thank you always for your help.
    jerry defilippi

You can see original optional wire covers on the R3 I finished last year.....Pics in my 2nd link .
    Well Matt, what say ye?
    Last edited by bezhawk; 02-11-2012, 04:49 PM.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

You mean like these on JDP's former '64?

64AvantiMaroon.jpg
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

You could go with some aftermarket wires that are made to fit a Ford or Chrysler.

Comment

I used some GM wire covers. 70's vintage. I have seen them on late 70's Avanti's

Denny L

Comment

I agree with Green53. The GM covers compliment an Avanti. The optional Studebaker covers, like the ones installed on the '64 Avanti above, are a rare and very coveted optional accessory, but not very practical
            for daily use, and, In My opinion, not the best looking wire wheel cover.

Comment

Good quality wire wheel covers are usually pretty heavy. While they may look nice they add unnecessary unsprung weight. They also may stick out enough you bang your shins into them whenever you walk by.

All that being said, if you find a set you like, you can always add the round Avanti emblems available from the usual vendors.
              Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Working...
              X