Ebay Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Daytona

Decent looking 66 Daytona on ebay out of some dealer in St Louis..........anyone know the car ? Looks to be mostly original with only a few things not correct to 66 , still a very nice car.
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Also being discussed in this thread...http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-Very-Nice-Car
    \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
    \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966-...item4162696958
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I THINK I have pictures of THIS VERY CAR - on the road outside of Bakersfield, Ca. I'm betting this was Rob Jones' car. Rob was a major presence on the old Stude newsgroup. IIRC, he passed on not too long ago (like to think I'm wrong on that, but I'm pretty sure I got wind of his passing not too long ago)
        When we left the 1999 SW Zone meet in Bakersfield, I followed Rob with my truck and shot several photos at speed. I'll have to dig around a bit and see if I can find them. I may well have captured the Lic. plate and that would confirm my suspicions.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

And while you were following him, Bob; did you notice any anti-freeze misting your windshield from a leaking heater core or hoses, etc? <GGG> BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

No, Rob kept that thing in tip-top shape. If it IS that same car, I'd bet it's seen some neglect (as opposed to what it was used to) in recent times.
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

you would know if those flags are on the roof sides.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                No, Rob kept that thing in tip-top shape. If it IS that same car, I'd bet it's seen some neglect (as opposed to what it was used to) in recent times.
                Good point, Bob. If you were following him in 1999, 13 years have elapsed. Wow! BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

This car is now # 27 on the registry
                  sigpic

Comment

I talked to the salesman this afternoon by phone. He doesn't know any of the history of the car except that the dealership purchased it at auction in Palm Springs Ca. They have no idea what the exact problem is with the heater/valve, just assumptions due to the hose loop. He did reveal his reserve and all I could say was WOW!!......... He has it priced like a #1 car that just rolled out of the showroom, yet offered to take a price of 2/3 the reserve to his boss for approval if I would agree to pay that.........OH HOW I HATE CAR SALESMEN !!!!
                    \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Didn't this car sell at a recent Mecum auction?
                      61 lark cruiser
                      64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

As mentioned in the other thread, some confusion here. This car shows as relisted, with 3-pus days left:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=280832757947
                        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                        Romans 15:13
                        Deuteronomy 31:6
                        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                          As mentioned in the other thread, some confusion here. This car shows as relisted, with 3-pus days left:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=280832757947
                          It still shows as an active eBay listing this afternoon (Thursday, March 1).
                          Perhaps they are waiting for the funds from 64V19816 (nameless in Forum profile) to clear before they cancel the eBay listing.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

>[/QUOTE] OH PS< the salesman, Joe, seemed a real nice guy and a straight shooter. I enjoyed talking with him and Im really happy. He reads this forum, BTW, and uhhhhhh, was kind of disturbed about the I hate sales*** comment. nuff said. Public forums are Public.
                            >[/QUOTE]

I wish you good luck with the car. It's a very nice one.......Yes, I was interested in it also and was your bidding competition. You just wanted it more which is the way auctions go.

As for the I HATE CAR SALESMEN comment that I posted earlier,.......well I do !!! I haven't found but one car salesman that I liked and trusted in 40+ years of dealing with them and that one happened to be one that I had worked with earlier at a farm implement dealership plus we went to the same church............ If Joe took that too personal then that's his problem.

As for him being straight forward, maybe he was with you, but he sure wasn't with me either time we talked on the phone. The first call was civil but he wasn't truthful about where they got the car and I wouldn't accept his high prices. The second time he took 2 days to return my call and then accused me of trying to steal the car from him and hung up on me while I was trying to negotiate with him.

And yes.....Public forums are Public........I have no regrets about what I've posted as it is the truth.
                            Last edited by snowy_buffalo; 03-02-2012, 05:12 PM.
                            \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

I sent you a pm with some information on adding a/c to your Daytona

Comment

Working...
                              X