Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1931 Pierce-Arrow Coupe????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1931-...item35b937514e

This has to be a scam. I believe this car was built during the era that Pierce-Arrow was associated with Studebaker. Similar to the Coupe Express discussed recently, this one shows a vague location, only two pictures, and extremely cryptic info about the "elderly owner."

If it is legit...the folks listing the car are perpetrating an injustice on the owner and not giving the vehicle the exposure it deserves. If it is a scam...it is serious business as there are already at least 22 bid
    s at over $20,000.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

A lot more than two pictures now.

Terry

Comment

I don't know. It looks legit to me. They added a bunch of pictures and more notes at the bottom. That is an awesome looking car that should clean up nicely.

Comment

It looks legit to me. They added pics and have actual phone numbers posted all over the add. It is vague on where it is at, but it says misschitown in the add, so Miss Chi Town, I am guessing it is in Chicago. Looks copasetic to me.

Comment

After posting this thread, I went out to the man cave and continued working on getting my motorcycle road worthy again. It has been sitting for about two years since I tore my rotator cuff and subsequent surgery.

I came back in, checked the forum, and noticed that the listing on the car had been updated. I feel better about the legitimacy now. This is truly a remarkable, rare, historic, and elegant vehicle. I hope it goes to a deserving home.

How cool would it be restored as an exhibit in the SNM highlighting the Studebaker-Pierce era?
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
          X