Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SN-60
    replied
    Thrush glasspacs from AutoZone----------- fit nice, priced right---------- nice vintage sound-------- for 2" pipes ask for #24-200.

Leave a comment:

• bezhawk
    replied
    My vote is for Hooker Aero Chamber mufflers.....if you want the best flow.

Leave a comment:

• rapidcityman
    replied
    It will be all studebaker powered, In the dirt track world, where I hang out ( I worship at the alter of speed) we refer to that style of manifold as ram horns, and yes, GM makes a set very similar to the R3 manifod, that's why I used the term. My concern, when asking about the mufflers, is to have the best flowing exhaust from front to back. Good pictures, those are the manifolds I'm interested in.

StudeRich, Sorry I scared you like that, it wasn't intentional. ;>)

Leave a comment:

• Gunslinger
    replied
    The Chevy Ram's Horn manifold go above the edge of the valve covers. The R3 manifolds do not...while visually they look similar but once installed the differences are obvious.

Leave a comment:

• 1962larksedan
    replied
    Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
    Here are some R3 exhaust manifolds...

They look very much like Chevy Rams horns to me...

Ain't that the truth!

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    Here are some R3 exhaust manifolds...

They look very much like Chevy Rams horns to me...

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    Didn't know General Motors Copyrighted the 'RAMHORNS' name--Sure You don't mean the Dodge Truck Division StudeRich??

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    That would be my guess also, but whats with the "Ramhorns"? Stude. Manifolds go down not up.

Leave a comment:

• 63t-cab
    replied
    Rich,unless Chevy made Avanti R1s I would guess the Hawk WILL be Studebaker powered ?
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    So NOW you are trying to tell us we are not talking about a Studebaker V-8 powered Power Hawk?

Ramhorns are used on small block Chevys.

Anyway the Manifolds have nothing to do with the Mufflers, whatever fits will work.

Leave a comment:

• 63 R2 Hawk
    replied
    I'm guessing he's talking about R3 headers......

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    So NOW you are trying to tell us we are not talking about a Studebaker V-8 powered Power Hawk?

Ramhorns are used on small block Chevys.

Anyway the Manifolds have nothing to do with the Mufflers, whatever fits will work.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 02-10-2012, 05:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rapidcityman
    replied
    Thanks to all. I'm more interested in performance (spell that breathing) than sounding like the fast and furious. Sometime in the next year (or so) I want to drop the R1 in a '56 Power Hawk. A little rumble would be OK though. In response to the question on what I mean by headers, I mean the Rams horn style. I like to keep everything but the carb and fuel pump straight Studebaker.

Joe Jackmovich

'37 Custom Sedan
    '58 Transtar (3E-13)
    '56 Power Hawk (recent purchase)

Leave a comment:

• 63larkr1
    replied
    Magnaflows are stainless steel and will last longer than Flowmasters.
    Summit Racing has Totally Free Shipping—includes free handling and delivery via standard ground shipping anywhere in the Continental United States on Magnaflow.
    My R1 has the Magnaflows.
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MP...n/?prefilter=1

Richard

Leave a comment:

• Gunslinger
    replied
    Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
    I have mufflers from Edelbrock that arent loud but seem to do the job well. Throaty sound but not tiring on the freeway.
    I've no experience with Edelbrock mufflers but they sure make some mighty fine performance products. I would expect their mufflers are excellent.

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    I have mufflers from Edelbrock that arent loud but seem to do the job well. Throaty sound but not tiring on the freeway.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X