X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jimmijim8
    replied
    I suppose you would argue but I won't

I had no Ideal what it looks like and used an incorrect term. I meant old building. 80-20.
    Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
    I will argue about Building 84/113 being "derelict". From what I saw of it on the outside in 2007, it appeared to be in very good shape. Unlike the rest of the buildings that have since been torn down, its present condition shows evidence of continuous mantenance from when it was occupied by Studebaker.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Welcome
    replied
    Chris, please count all 7 of us in for the "DELUXE TOUR"!!! ...and should you need a DELUXE TOUR GUIDE ...or two ...or three to help out, I think I know where you can find them!!!

Leave a comment:

• acandilas
    replied
    Count me in

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
    Is Abe charging to open up the derelict building?
    I will argue about Building 84/113 being "derelict". From what I saw of it on the outside in 2007, it appeared to be in very good shape. Unlike the rest of the buildings that have since been torn down, its present condition shows evidence of continuous mantenance from when it was occupied by Studebaker.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• jimmijim8
    replied
    Found the skinny

I decided to read back a few posts and learned that the Benefitee is Mr. Abe. My hindsight has revealed to me that Mr. Abe is AKA 80-20.
    Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
    Are you sure you don't mean 80% to charity?, and if not tell me this. What charity? Does someone need some new lawn furniture? chairs perhaps? Is the building handicapped accessible? Is Abe charging to open up the derelict building? If yes, How much if I may ask? Is Pizza and beer on the menu and is it free? I like my pizza loaded up with real cheese. Lite beer will do. Are there going to be any factory 2nd. C-K front fenders available for twice the price the cost of scrap metal?, or perhaps an auction for these pieces of near unobtanium? I don't mind a bit of surface rust. Thats why they make sandpaper. Why do we have to pay 48.00 for a months parking when most people will only have their Studebaker in South Bend for at most 1 week? Can we pay by the week only? Is it dead storage? Is this one of those Nigerian thingys? If the answer is no to even one of my questions, I think I'll pass. cheers jimmijim

Leave a comment:

• jimmijim8
    replied
    20% ain't too gracious but

Are you sure you don't mean 80% to charity?, and if not tell me this. What charity? Does someone need some new lawn furniture? chairs perhaps? Is the building handicapped accessible? Is Abe charging to open up the derelict building? If yes, How much if I may ask? Is Pizza and beer on the menu and is it free? I like my pizza loaded up with real cheese. Lite beer will do. Are there going to be any factory 2nd. C-K front fenders available for twice the price the cost of scrap metal?, or perhaps an auction for these pieces of near unobtanium? I don't mind a bit of surface rust. Thats why they make sandpaper. Why do we have to pay 48.00 for a months parking when most people will only have their Studebaker in South Bend for at most 1 week? Can we pay by the week only? Is it dead storage? Is this one of those Nigerian thingys? If the answer is no to even one of my questions, I think I'll pass. cheers jimmijim
    Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
    Would anybody here be interested in going on tours of the Studebaker Body plant, building #84, at the upcoming Intl. meet? This is still in the planning stages, but a friend of mine and I are working on having a few tours put together. The cost would be $5 for the "brief" tour, and $10 for the "extended" tour. Dates and times are still TBA until we can get a rough idea of how many people to expect. Twenty percent of all the proceds will go to charity. Abe, the buildings owner, is being very gracious in letting us in the building. Building #84 was one of Studebaker's major assembly buildings and still stands directly next to the Administration building. It is currently used as an automotive warehouse and people can store their cars there for $48 a month. We ask that if you want to see the interior of this building, please sign up for the tour. Abe does not want any "stragglers".
    Anybody in? Let me know.
    Last edited by jimmijim8; 02-14-2012, 09:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bordeaux Daytona
    replied
    Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona View Post
    Put Ed George and family/friends and myself down for 6 please. Thanks!
    John V.
    Oops. I should have added deluxe tour to that. Thanks Chris!

Leave a comment:

• TomB
    replied
    Count me in for two tickets! It sounds like a great idea-even though my '64 Commander was assembled in Hamilton!

Tom Burke

Leave a comment:

• JeffDeWitt
    replied
    Me too, for the extended tour, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• RareBird
    replied
    me too me too

Leave a comment:

• Welcome
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
    Chris,
    If this isn't "official SDC" how are you getting the word out as to time and day & where we park, enter, etc.?
    Just curious.
    It might be easy to make it an "OFFICIAL SDC" tour and get the info out to everyone through the same channels as the rest of the 2012 IM info.

Option B: Print up X-number of colored sheets with all the pertinent tour info and ask your Chapter to place one in each "goody bag." Similar things were done for the 1997 & 2002 SB IM's

Leave a comment:

• Stu Chapman
    replied
    Hi Chris. Put us down for 2 for the extended tour.
    Stu Chapman

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    Chris , I'd like the extended tour as well but I really think you need to set the date because there is so much other stuff going on and its hard to say that ones going when you haven't got a date. It may conflict with somethign already signed up to do eg ....judging , drags , seminars ............you get the picture.

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    Chris

As I signed up before the extended tour was offered, count me in for the whole deal.

Thanks again, Bob

Leave a comment:

• plwindish
    replied
    Chris,
    I also would like to do the extended tour. Paul Windish

Leave a comment:

Working...
X