Tours of the Studebaker body plant at the International Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris

Count me in. Too many fond memories of the Foundry tour you organized to not go.

Thanks, bob
    , ,

Comment

I would be interested, depending on when the tour will be held. Tuesday for example is really full for a lot of folks.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I would be interested too!

Joe
        sigpic

1962 Daytona
        1964 Cruiser
        And a few others

Comment

One for sure.

Comment

Please throw out some recomendations for days and times and I'll run them by the owner of the bldg. I would imagine the tours would take at least an hour. Thanks, Tim

Comment

Chris, Thanks for doing this. Sign us up for three spots.
              Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
              61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
              Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
              Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Add me to the list. Question: Is the storage of cars all the building is being used for? Toured this building when they were assembling the '59 Lark. lots of activity e.g. fabrication of interior cloth pieces comes to mind.

Comment

Sign me up for an extendede tour (providing it isn't on top of another event I need to be at).

Comment

Bob Palma, Do you have any knowledge you would like to share for the tour. It could possibly also cover bldgs. 112 and 113. If you come up for the spring meet maybe we could do a dry run.

Comment

Originally posted by tjanowia View Post
                      Bob Palma, Do you have any knowledge you would like to share for the tour. It could possibly also cover bldgs. 112 and 113. If you come up for the spring meet maybe we could do a dry run.
                      Hi, Tim: Check out the May and July 1988 Turning Wheels. One of them (I forget which) details my and Don Galeziewski's adventures in Bldg. 84, with many photos.

Beyond that, which was contemporary, I don't have anything further to add. (In fact, if I went back and re-read those, I'd probably recall some older material myself!) <GGG>

'Will be up for the May swap, though. BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Will dig through my old TW's and see what I can find. Thanks

Comment

Count me in. I'd really like to go on this tour.

Comment

Count me in too!

Comment

I would love to , if I can when I'm not taking pictures for Turning Wheels, All the peoples cars. What would be more appropriate, Then and now.
                              Evan Severson

Comment

Originally posted by tjanowia View Post
                                As far as I know this would be the first organized tour of the bldg. allowed and we don't want to blow it so please don't bother the owner with individual tours. He is doing this as a favor to Stude fans and to raise a little money for the construction of an regional athletic facility for handicapped kids called Miracle Park. Hopefully we'll impress him enough that we will be able to do this again in the future. We'll go back and talk to the owner again after we get more imput and we definitely don't want to disrupt the Int. Meet.
                                I'd be interested too. This building was strictly out of bounds when Mark and I attempted to take a self-tour on the Friday morning of the International Meet in 2007. The owner was very uncooperative for going inside, but we were allowed to take some exterior photos.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                                X