Another R2ish Hawk on ebay.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another R2ish Hawk on ebay.....

Interesting, can't say I'm crazy about the paint scheme, SN57, price or the '64 R2 Hawk facts, but it's nonetheless interesting!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...item4600d677c6

That doesn't look like a Studebaker V8 to me...unless it has custom valve covers. It looks like a Chevy engine by the Vortec heads. I guess the seller really doesn't know what he has...wrong color scheme, wrong blower, wrong engine. Who knows what else is there that shouldn't be.

The waaay too high opening price doesn't bode well for spirited bidding regardless of anything else.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

IF that IS a real factory equipped R2 4 Speed GT Hawk, it is really too bad it is all cobbled up. That Supercharger setup is just Soooo wrong!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

The wrong tach and Hurst shifter is another clue to the car being cobbled up. The Hurst may be better than the stock shifter but that car is certainly not as described.

If everything else was correct, the Hurst would be a nice bonus.
        Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

He also made mention of the fact that all the R2s had 160mph speedometers, then shows a pic of the 120mph speedo in the car.... I'm trying to figure out how the numbers "match" on this car!

Comment

Originally posted by 63 R2 Hawk View Post
            He also made mention of the fact that all the R2s had 160mph speedometers, then shows a pic of the 120mph speedo in the car.... I'm trying to figure out how the numbers "match" on this car!
            I missed that...guess I was too busy checking to see if it had the correct battery hold down!

Comment

I contacted the seller through Ebay and told him of the discrepancies...here's his answer...

"you may be right as i inherited it. it still a great car and it has weiand covers "

Go figure.

Comment

WTH is a "Milestone" car?
                The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
                  WTH is a "Milestone" car?

It's a car picked as a Milestone by the Milestone car society. Sort of a "classic" for postwar car guys. CK's and Avanti's were milestones among others.
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

That 2 tone just doesn't do it for me.

If anybody wants a nice Hawk, my old '63 is back on eBay with no reserve...

1963 Hawk
                    Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post

1963 Hawk
                      Absolutely gorgeous automobile!

Comment

Sorry, I have your Hawk on my ebay "saved list", but I can't go back and look at it any more 'cause I keep drooling all over my keyboard.........

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post

1963 Hawk

Comment

Working...
                        X