Eye Candy for 2/9/12: a pair of 66s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye Candy for 2/9/12: a pair of 66s

Two Cruisers at Grimsby '09; there is now a third '66 Cruiser in the Chapter as well...

S.

The minor changes to the front end of the '66's sure makes the entire car look totally different. Both of these are quite nice looking cars.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I think that the stock appearing Cruiser looks the best. The other Cruiser looks like an old car trying to look like a newer car.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I think I like the racing wheels on the car on the left better than stock. They make it look like a sleeper. If I ever got a '66, I think I would do that. Of course, it would be a '66 Daytona and I would get rid of the McKinnon engine in favor of either a Ford 390 or some kind of racing engine along those lines.
        Chris Dresbach

Comment

[QUOTE=Chris_Dresbach; Of course, it would be a '66 Daytona and I would get rid of the McKinnon engine in favor of either a Ford 390 or some kind of racing engine along those lines. [/QUOTE]

The 390 was a GREAT engine and had sevaral trucks with that engine, but you may need a shoehorn to fit it into the Daytona. Would be different!
          Tom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
            I think I like the racing wheels on the car on the left better than stock. They make it look like a sleeper. If I ever got a '66, I think I would do that. Of course, it would be a '66 Daytona and I would get rid of the McKinnon engine in favor of either a Ford 390 or some kind of racing engine along those lines.
            A true "sleeper" would look stock, not modified, but have unexpected peformance.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I always liked the Common Sense Car--the last Studebakers. Thanks for the pics!
              1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X