Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P-2 6-1/2 ft CHAMP pick-up bed, anyone interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-2 6-1/2 ft CHAMP pick-up bed, anyone interested?

Been wanting to switch out the wide bed on my Champ for a narrow P-1 since the day I bought it. Selling the P-2 bed will help speed this process along. Anyone interested in a solid 6-1/2 ft P-2 wide bed with tailgate delivered to York $600.00
    Jim
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Jim you are moving in the right direction...Bob
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

you may want to check this thread out:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-Accident-Pics

haven't seen anything new from him, but he may be interested.
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
        Jim you are moving in the right direction...Bob
        Bob, I know the wide bed was standard on 62 Champs, but I'd really rather have the narrow. I already have a nice set of fenders and an 8ft narrow bed I can cut down, but I know a super guy in Calif. who is treating me right on a 6-1/2 footer if I can work out and afford the shipping :-)
        Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
          you may want to check this thread out:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-Accident-Pics

haven't seen anything new from him, but he may be interested.
          Thanks, I did send him a PM when he first told us of his misfortune, but got no reply. I hope he is able to work things out with the insurance company!
          Jim

Comment

Hey guys, I've been a little frantic lately, but I'm convinced my Champ is going to be repaired to a high standard. While it's waiting for a flatbed ride across town it's back at Mike's garage (a block from my house). The starter bendix finally ground to a halt. In tracking down it's replacement I discovered that the engine is probably 1958 or 59 Lark by the ID on the Delco-Remy starter. It has a Flight-O-Matic 2 speed automatic. I believe it's also a Borg-Warner tranny. The truck was born a 3 speed no Overdrive. Mike had me send for a R&R ring gear rebuild because some gears were missing and are ground down more than he liked. I don't have the skills for the repair but I love my truck. Sorry about the PM mix up. My computer skills are also not up to par. I mailed the gear assembly off to Precision in Iowa. They said the turnaround will be about 2-3 days. I understand that they are going to grind the old gear out & then weld the new one in & then balance the whole operation. Forgive me for my ignorance on the operation & connection of all the parts involved. What is the relation of the torque converter to the other parts connected to the starter motor. I agree... I also prefer the P1 bed but the P2 holds a sheet of plywood nicely between the fenders. LarkTruck: I wish I could handle getting your bed but working on restoring a building so budget is tight. I'll eventually have the space. Thanks for everybody's help. Robert

P.S. I also responded to Ron Dame who had a lead on a P2 box in NC. Sorry if you didn't get my pm. Ron helped me with a rebuilt Ross steering box when I needed one.
            Last edited by rbruner; 02-05-2012, 02:30 PM.

Comment

keep us updated on how things go! (start a new thread).
              Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Will do. 52 ragtop had good advice also on how to conduct myself with the field adjuster. He arranged for a rental truck even though the body shop doesn't yet have the truck. They are concerned with the leaking gas tank liability. New issue is the left fender & door rubbing & paint chipping off.

Comment

Just a bump, York is getting close!
                  Jim

Comment

Working...
                  X