e-bay '56 President Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-bay '56 President Classic

The '56 President Classic on e-bay right now--Looks to Me a lot of labor and $$ went into it.
    What an odd way to try and sell it--apart like that. Dig the serial number!
    GO PATRIOTS!!

It looks from the rear package shelf that this car may have had air conditioning at one point. However, now the components are not in place.

Mr. Bill
    Hamlet, NC

Comment

Here's the link~

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1956-...item3a7018bf71
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I think this is the 56 asked about in this thread: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...his-Studebaker
        sigpic
        JohnP, driving & reviving
        60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
          The '56 President Classic on e-bay right now--Looks to Me a lot of labor and $$ went into it.
          What an odd way to try and sell it--apart like that. Dig the serial number!
          GO PATRIOTS!!
          That Serial Number was asked about by someone in another recent thread/topic. It is about mid-way through the 1956 President series built in Vernon (LA) CA.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Where the heck is "Twin Falls, United States". This is a terrible listing by a "Dealer".
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Looks like quite a bit of work was done.

We used to have a show-condition blue President exactly like this one in Ontario, Canada - I don't know where it went.

Were some of the doors not painted with the body? I wonder if this person asked us how to install the stainless window trim AFTER the front and read windows were installed?

Comment

If those doors are repainted, they sure will be screwed up after sitting loose with other "stuff". Heh $3500 SHOULD BE tops. Imagine the logistics of moving all that stuff! The guy's dreamin'!
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

There are alot of 'Twin Falls" around the country. Maybe this is in Idaho ?? Way too close-- and tempting!

Comment

I always maintained the easiest thing to do was to dismantle,putting it back together is the hard part.I have seen this happen many times in my 30+ yrs of

Studebakering,they realize they have more invested than it's worth & not finished yet or just lose interest & give up.

Comment

I heard a rumor that the "208" area code covers the entire State of Idaho.
                      But another rumor I have heard puts the car in Moses Lake, WA.

StudeDave '57
                      StudeDave '57
                      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                      SDC Member since 1985

past President
                      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                      San Diego Chapter SDC
                      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

This looks like a disaster. No telling what condition the parts are in. Not to mention, they are not packed or protected very well.

Comment

On ebay if you search listing nearest first it will give location or distance from you its Idaho according to this method for me. It could be a addition to the puzzels that have been present latley . Putting it back to gether much harder when you didn't take it apart not knowing which pcs you will need sure there will be many.

Comment

It is evident when you click on his "other items" that this is a dealer. It is also evident that he is not a restorer. I suspect that this is also a consignment dealer as well. No respectable restorer would treat the parts this way. If it was his money tied up in the car, he would take better care of the parts. What a shame.
                            John Clary
                            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
                            X