X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studedude
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam Ensley View Post
    Did that model car sell? If not, I want to buy it. Do you have any info on the owner?
    I asked the vendor for a card, and he didn't have one. I should have asked for his contact information, but didn't. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Samjoe
    replied
    Wichita Swap Meet 2012

[IMG][/IMG]

Had a good time,heres a mug shot

Leave a comment:

• Jeff T.
    replied
    You guys were lucky in southern Kansas with rain. We got a foot of snow when the storm went through Nebraska. Our first swap meet (in Lincoln) is on March 4

Jeff T

Leave a comment:

• Chris Pile
    replied
    Rain was sure better than the snow and ice we usually have that weekend.
    You should have come up and joined the fun, Bob!

Leave a comment:

• clonelark
    replied
    Sure wish i could have came, always liked the Wichita swap meet. About froze my butt off one year, looks like the weather wasn't all that bad this year.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Pile
    replied
    Did that model car sell? If not, I want to buy it. Do you have any info on the owner?
    No idea, Sam. It's a big meet with 3 buildings... lots of folks from out of town. This event draws vendors and buyers from all over the Midwest.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Ensley
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chris Pile
    replied
    It sure was great to see Betty, Carl. Thanks for bringing her with you!

Leave a comment:

• Carl Purdy
    replied
    We had rain all the way up there and just about walked Betty down. I bought a toy Studebaker truck and that was it. We had a good time and went out to eat with Larry Tholen after the meet.
    Was looking for the right carburetor for Betty's Mustang but didn't find it all they had was 4 barrels.
    Last edited by Carl Purdy; 02-04-2012, 06:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Studedude
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary1953 View Post
    Dave,
    You should have bought it. $60.00 is not a bad price for that promo. IMHO
    That's what the little voice inside me kept saying, but I won the argument.

Leave a comment:

• Gary1953
    replied
    Dave,
    You should have bought it. $60.00 is not a bad price for that promo. IMHO

Leave a comment:

• Studedude
    replied
    Thanks for the hospitality, guys!!

That has become one huge swap meet! The guys in my group really appreciated you watching our purchases for us, so that we did not have to carry the items all over the place. About the only thing that tempted me was this:

But the guy would only come down to $60.00, and I didn't need it that bad!

Leave a comment:

• Chris Pile
    started a topic Wichita Swap Meet Report

Wichita Swap Meet Report

Well - the Midway Chapter hosted another two day event at our booth in the main building of the Sunflower Swap Meet at the Kansas Coliseum. MAN - did we have fun! Malcom Gillette was serving free hot coffee both days, plus nachos on Friday and chili on Saturday. Plus we had other free food to handout to StudeFolk and Brand X lovers alike!

It was great to see Carl & Betty Purdy of the Ozark Trails chapter, Lila & Lester Bartels of Kaw Valley chapter, John & Diana Crooks of Heart of America chapter, and Dave Lester of the Central Plains chapter. I didn't get his name, but a fellow from a Pennsylvania chapter stopped by to say "Hello!".

We had other SDC members from all over the midwest stop by, and of course many Midway members worked the booth or dropped in to chat. It was a fantastic time both days!

We dispensed many free Turning Wheels and other Studebaker information to a grateful public, and just did our best to keep that Studebaker gospel alive! Traffic was better this year, even though we didn't sign up as many new members for the National club or Midway chapters. Let's just say that the Studebaker portion of the old car hobby is in good shape from our perspective.

Be there next year for even more fun (and Malcom's great food!).
    Last edited by Chris Pile; 02-04-2012, 04:28 PM.
Working...
X