Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'52 Starliner - I've Never Seen One, Is the Roof Chopped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '52 Starliner - I've Never Seen One, Is the Roof Chopped?

Saw this in my daily James List feed. I can't remember ever seeing one of these back in the day. Is the roof a custom job or did they come from the factory like that?

http://www.jameslist.com/advert/3779...aker-starliner
    Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
    Kenmore, Washington
    hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
    '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
    '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
    '69 Pontiac Firebird
    (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

It's rare.................but it's real!!

Comment

Just the way God made them (other than the non-body-color rear fender welt). A Champion Six but still a lovely car.
      Last edited by rockne10; 02-03-2012, 10:44 PM.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Yep, entirely stock.

That body style was fairly popular, too, for '52: Studebaker built 12,119 Champion Starliners, the subject car.

The Commander Starliner was even more popular at 14,548 units.

In fact, the Commander Starliner was so popular that only the Land Cruiser (20,117) and Commander Regal 4-door (22,037) outsold the Starliner in the Commander series. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Any tread detailing the virtues of the 52 Hardtop should include this link: http://www.studebakerhardtop.com/1952.htm , thanks to forum member Michidan.

Comment

The dark top may make it look lower, but it's stock.

sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

You could not build that car for what they are asking!!

JIm
              "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
              their Memorials!

Comment

I have a Commander and I showed it to one of my co workers that is into hot rods and the first thing he suggested was chopping the roof.
                My car is a one year body style hard top Its the second best thing about the car, First being that it is a Studebaker, and I'll not be messing with it.
                Besides have you ever priced a roof chop ? ($dang$)

Dean.

Comment

Lots more photos here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...highlight=1952

Craig

Comment

Here's the "local" 52 Starliner, based in Brantford ON and seen at a cruise near Paris just after the owner got it back on the road...

S.

Comment

Working...
                    X