Divorce sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce sale

Hey guys, Looks like I am divorcing. That means the technology of repairing atennas is gone. I have for sale the following:"

1951 Business Coupe
    1950 Commander Starlight with automatic
    1950 Commander Starlight 3 speed OD
    1950 Starlight Champion
    Lots of sheet metal and motors.

Really sorry to hear of your troubles Roy. I wish I had the money to come look at your cars, I am spread to thin to even consider right now but I would love a car someday.

Comment

Ouch. Two 1950 Commander Starlghts; woo-hoo!

Nonetheless, 'sorry to hear of the conditions under which they're for sale. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I forgot, I have a 1964 Gt hawk with rebuilt motor and automatic transmission.

Comment

sorry to hear about that! just went thru the same a few days before christmas.

except for the timing (no $$$ right now) and location, i'd be interested in the automatic and the biz coupe!!!

all i can do is "bump"...

pics?
          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Hi Roy,
            There is life after divorce, but I wouldn't wish a divorce on my worse enemy. Hope you & her will both be OK.
            What kinda shape is the 64GT in, and how much are you wanting for it?

Joe

Comment

I have been through a divorce and the death of a spouse. They are both traumatic, in different ways. You will get through it, I am now remarried for the third time. I'd love to buy one of your cars, but I'm afraid I would be looking at divorce myself... (just kidding, my wife would support that, I think... I just don't have time or room for any more projects). BTW, also intersted in GT if it is available.

Comment

Very sorry to hear this, Roy. I know your cars will find a good home.
                Clark in San Diego
                '63 Standard (F2) "Barney"
                http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by royvaldez View Post
                  Hey guys, Looks like I am divorcing. That means the technology of repairing atennas is gone. I have for sale the following:"

1951 Business Coupe
                  1950 Commander Starlight with automatic
                  1950 Commander Starlight 3 speed OD
                  1950 Starlight Champion
                  Lots of sheet metal and motors.
                  Been there, done that.
                  --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

GT hawk came from the factory with discs brakes and ac. Car need restoration. I have new interior and motor. It is red and black interior.

Comment

Sold both a 57 Silver Hawk and a 64 Avanti as a result of a divorce in 1984. Don't know the serial numbers for either car. Both were in very good condition. I wish I knew where they were. Miss the cars more than I miss the divorced spouse. This too will pass. Good luck.

Comment

Sorry to hear this Roy. If you haven't already stopped and thought this through, then, do so. When my x and I divorced, the first thing I did was to sell many years of rare parts collection and 54 classic cars I owned. I was sick. BUT, not as sick as I was later, when I realized I reacted too quick, and lost a ton of money, as well as all my "STUFF". Just be careful.

Comment

Sorry to hear the bad news Roy,
                          Don't know how old you are but I'm 49 and can't imagine being single in today society.
                          That being said I'd be a lot more pi$$ed about having to walk where ever I went ???

Just Kidding, Hoping to at least cheer you up a bit !?!

Dean.

Ps.
                          There are too many fish in the sea to worry too much about one little piece of tuna,
                          Studebakers on the other hand are rare.
                          Last edited by dean pearson; 02-03-2012, 08:12 PM. Reason: Hillbilly Humor

Comment

Divorce is like an animal chewing its own leg off to get out of a trap. Good Luck. I've had some experience with that kind of thing. Got a good woman now (12 years), and the cars are all back.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by royvaldez View Post
                              Hey guys, Looks like I am divorcing..
                              "Looks like" doesnt sounds 100%. If its something you can work out, forget the cars for
                              now and see if the two of you can "Reinvent" your marriage. Sometimes getting every
                              issue that both of you have kept bottled up out into the open can help the other to work
                              on fixing it. Too many couples break up because they "put up with" instead of fixing what
                              was wrong. You loved each other enough to get married, perhaps it can be repaired.

Tom
                              '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                              Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                              http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                              I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Working...
                              X