Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1954 Studebaker on Ebay

Hey All,
    I just found a 1954 Studebaker Champion Coupe on ebay. If I am understanding the vin correctly this is a regal edition. Although it needs to be restored, it seems to be in pretty good condition. Considering a few other ones I have seen in the past were pretty rough, this one doesn't seem too bad. I have included the link to the listing if anyone wants to check it out.
    Strong18

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...6223550&rd=1,1

The problem is the $4000 or so for all new fenders, rear quarters and maybe doors, then there's the floors.

JDP/Maryland
    66 Sports sedan
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    64 Daytona R2
    63 GT R2
    63 Lark 2 door
    62 Gt Hawk
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Lark HT-60Hawk
    59 3E truck
    58 Starlight
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

The problem is the $4000 or so for all new fenders, rear quarters and maybe doors, then there's the floors.

JDP/Maryland
      66 Sports sedan
      64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
      64 Daytona R2
      63 GT R2
      63 Lark 2 door
      62 Gt Hawk
      62 Lark 2 door
      60 Lark HT-60Hawk
      59 3E truck
      58 Starlight
      52 & 53 Starliner
      51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

parts car
        64 Champ long bed V8
        55/53 Studebaker President S/R
        53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

parts car
          64 Champ long bed V8
          55/53 Studebaker President S/R
          53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

For your money, you would be far better off with this car. V-8 and automatic to boot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...38045850QQrdZ1

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

For your money, you would be far better off with this car. V-8 and automatic to boot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...38045850QQrdZ1

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

In the eBay description of the '57 Silver Hawk I love the term "rascally body man". I can't imagine there are very many collector car hobbyists who lack the expertise to do their own body work/paint but who have not had a run in with at least one (and maybe more) shady bodyman over the years. There is something about the work which either attracts that type of person or maybe it is smelling the paint fumes that does it to them. Whenever I approach a body shop I ALWAYS have the feeling that I need a legal eagle along to write it all down, get it DOCUMENTED, and then signed.

wagone and the Old R2 Avanti

Comment

In the eBay description of the '57 Silver Hawk I love the term "rascally body man". I can't imagine there are very many collector car hobbyists who lack the expertise to do their own body work/paint but who have not had a run in with at least one (and maybe more) shady bodyman over the years. There is something about the work which either attracts that type of person or maybe it is smelling the paint fumes that does it to them. Whenever I approach a body shop I ALWAYS have the feeling that I need a legal eagle along to write it all down, get it DOCUMENTED, and then signed.

wagone and the Old R2 Avanti

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Then there are the grill surrounds and all the C5 trim.

For $2k, it's probably not a bad deal, however. These are getting tough to find in ANY condition.

(BTW, me thinks strong18 just might be the seller )

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Then there are the grill surrounds and all the C5 trim.

For $2k, it's probably not a bad deal, however. These are getting tough to find in ANY condition.

(BTW, me thinks strong18 just might be the seller )

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                      X