how did the judging go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how did the judging go

Maybe it has already been posted and I missed it, but how did the judging go this year at the Int'l meet. I was there on Thursday but could not stick around for the results. Who did the best in the division with '56 Hawks. Thanks

Don

Lemon &Lime 55 Speedster....400 points perfect score

Last time I do this,I promise
    sigpicIt is an addiction!

Comment

Lemon &Lime 55 Speedster....400 points perfect score

Last time I do this,I promise
      sigpicIt is an addiction!

Comment

Shades of Omaha. At the awards banquet Friday evening they announced that the judging sheets for one of the classes were discovered, at 9:30PM the night of the judging, to not have been completed. Thus, no awards in that class. The Chief Judge said that if the people in that class would see him after the banquet, he would complete the judging that evening. Yeah Right. I guess we are all human and subject to mistakes, but, judging glitches at two national meets in a row???

toyman

Comment

Shades of Omaha. At the awards banquet Friday evening they announced that the judging sheets for one of the classes were discovered, at 9:30PM the night of the judging, to not have been completed. Thus, no awards in that class. The Chief Judge said that if the people in that class would see him after the banquet, he would complete the judging that evening. Yeah Right. I guess we are all human and subject to mistakes, but, judging glitches at two national meets in a row???

toyman

Comment

quote:Originally posted by toyman
            but, judging glitches at two national meets in a row???
            So, toyman. You going to help next year?

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by toyman
              but, judging glitches at two national meets in a row???
              So, toyman. You going to help next year?

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

l'm with Dick, unless less your willing to help. You can't complain about any problems.

63 Twin Supercharged Avanti
                64 Avanti R3w/NOS
                88LSC Avanti 350 Supercharged w/NOS

Comment

l'm with Dick, unless less your willing to help. You can't complain about any problems.

63 Twin Supercharged Avanti
                  64 Avanti R3w/NOS
                  88LSC Avanti 350 Supercharged w/NOS

Comment

I wasn't there and the only comment I've heard so far is regarding authenticity judging in the Avanti II. Since you could order just about anything, even upholster your Avanti to match your living room, and production records are non-existent...
                    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I wasn't there and the only comment I've heard so far is regarding authenticity judging in the Avanti II. Since you could order just about anything, even upholster your Avanti to match your living room, and production records are non-existent...
                      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

the couple that bought my black '58 4X4 were some of the people that had an incomplete scoring sheet. they went to the chief judge right after the banquet and to his credit carl thoms went right outside with them. after the truck was unloaded he completed the judging and awarded them a 399 [at least that is what i heard]. point is that all is well that ends well. ed
                        ed ellis

sigpic

the "SUPER COUPE"

Comment

the couple that bought my black '58 4X4 were some of the people that had an incomplete scoring sheet. they went to the chief judge right after the banquet and to his credit carl thoms went right outside with them. after the truck was unloaded he completed the judging and awarded them a 399 [at least that is what i heard]. point is that all is well that ends well. ed
                          ed ellis

sigpic

the "SUPER COUPE"

Comment

Ed,

You are correct. Tina posted a thread on the Studebaker Truck Talk page and indicated there was a problem with the judging and stated that because of it she probably would not attend another meet. I am glad you were able to provide some additional information that was lacking in her post on how it was handled.

Gary

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Ed,

You are correct. Tina posted a thread on the Studebaker Truck Talk page and indicated there was a problem with the judging and stated that because of it she probably would not attend another meet. I am glad you were able to provide some additional information that was lacking in her post on how it was handled.

Gary

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Working...
                              X