Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• candbstudebakers
    replied
    Here is a picture of my 54 3/4 ton big 6 commander going on e-bay soon if anyone is interested pm me.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    TDITS: If it hasn't been scrapped yet and the 6-lug, "3/4-ton" wheels look any good, it would sure be nice to save them as they are hard to come by. BP

Leave a comment:

• candbstudebakers
    replied
    Looks to be a 54 3/4 ton if the engine is the 245 big six then it is a rare truck, I have one just like that and when I got it I checked with Fred Fox about it and if I remember right he came back with a production of 580 54 3/4 ton and the big commander engine , mine is going on e-bay real soon all part of cutting back at the shop...Bob

Leave a comment:

• TDITS
    replied
    I got the door latches and handles off of it, that's one of the things I wanted. I was going to get the mirror, but it wasn't original, didn't have a adjustable seat frame.

Originally posted by snowy_buffalo View Post
    Little things like door handles outside and in, inside rear view mirror, door lock assembly on the pass side (Alex Adam in KC on the truck forum is looking for one), adjustable seat frame, and many more small items if I had the chance to get there and take them off. I'm only 90 miles away.

Leave a comment:

• snowy_buffalo
    replied
    Little things like door handles outside and in, inside rear view mirror, door lock assembly on the pass side (Alex Adam in KC on the truck forum is looking for one), adjustable seat frame, and many more small items if I had the chance to get there and take them off. I'm only 90 miles away.

Leave a comment:

• TDITS
    replied
    Both are cracked. Like I said, not much good on it.

Originally posted by ST2DE5 View Post
    Should have saved the wind shield and back glass.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Purdy
    replied
    Should have saved the wind shield and back glass.

Leave a comment:

• TDITS
    replied
    Rear fenders are rusted out badly in the front corners. Tried to get the bumper, but the v shaped hitch is welded to the top of the bumper and then welded to the frame. Would have needed a torch. It also had several breaks in it.

Leave a comment:

• kmac530
    replied
    Looks fairly rough. Not that I want to see it crushed, Japan and China needs new sky rises nuclear power plants.

Leave a comment:

• 63t-cab
    replied
    What about the rear bumper and rear fenders ?they might be worth saving,can't see in pics the actual condition of fenders.

Leave a comment:

• TDITS
    started a topic Another one headed to the scrapper

Another one headed to the scrapper

I was told about this truck a month ago or so. Went and looked at it and told the guy that owned it I would like to get a few parts off of it. He told me I would have to buy the whole truck for scrap price. I didn't really want to mess with the whole truck, and my wife sure didn't want me bringing it home. I didn't figure it was going anywhere any time soon, notice the tree stump between the bumper and grill. So today I got a call that it was on the trailer and headed to scrap tomorrow; but I could have what I wanted off of it. Headed over after work and got a few things off of it, in all reality there there isn't much on the truck that is worth saving. It had a good set of door visors, but he ruined them when he ran a cable through the windows to lift it up with his boom truck and set it on the trailer. I guess the good news is I got what I wanted off of it for free and didn't get any grief from my wife for hauling it home.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0066.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	1734669Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0065.jpg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	1734670Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0067.jpg
Size:	93.7 KB