The Wagonaire is home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wagonaire is home

Pat's Wagonaire was delivered in Bellingham today. Unfortunately I'm in Chico, CA, but my son in law got it off the transport and into my shop. Looks good from here!

Thanks Pat.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

WOW, I cant wait to see it unwrapped and put together. It looks really nice. I feel like it is Christmas...and I don't even celebrate Christmas...hahaha

Comment

Wow, my plastic wrap job held up the whole way - I'm shocked, er I mean I'm not surprised.

Hope it kept everything dry and safe, I never wrapped a car before.

Comment

Dick, please read this

The moisture under plastic wrap is your worst enemy. Never let a car get wet and then dry with the wrap still on it!

Get that w(C)rap off of that car ASAP!

Comment

Wow! A Studebaker in it's original shrink-wrap packaging! It's amazing that some over-eager kid didn't spoil it by opening it already.
          ~Matt Connor
          '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

Originally posted by (S) View Post
            The moisture under plastic wrap is your worst enemy. Never let a car get wet and then dry with the wrap still on it!

Get that w(C)rap off of that car ASAP!
            Thanks, Mike.

My son in law thought the same and took the wrap off before it went in the garage.

I appreciate your heads up on this, however.
            Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Glad to see you got the car. I did not have the time to take on a project, nor did Sal, but you can do the wagon right.
              JDP Maryland

Comment

The hauler Dave Brown does all my hauling up and down the west coast, go price, dependable, and on time and a good guy he lives in Oregon.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Can't wait to follow this project.
                  Looks so much further along then Sandi's Hawk and we have been (slowly) working on hers for a year and a half.
                  Oh Well.
                  Good Roads
                  Brian
                  Brian Woods
                  woodysrods@shaw.ca
                  1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
                    Glad to see you got the car. I did not have the time to take on a project, nor did Sal, but you can do the wagon right.
                    I'll have fun with it for sure.
                    Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                      The hauler Dave Brown does all my hauling up and down the west coast, go price, dependable, and on time and a good guy he lives in Oregon.
                      I didn't get to meet Dave in person, but super nice guy over the phone. Did exactly what he said he would, kept me informed, great price. He and my son in law hit it off right away.
                      Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
                        Can't wait to follow this project.
                        Looks so much further along then Sandi's Hawk and we have been (slowly) working on hers for a year and a half.
                        Pat had done a lot of the heavy lifting on this one. This will make it a lot easier for me than starting from scratch.
                        Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Let me know how things look, I have been on the lookout for Wagonaire parts for years and have duplicates of almost anything including "optional items"
                          I ended up buying 3 wagonaire parts cars and anything I saw at swap meets.

The toughest parts to find are the 63 dash and the headliner/ interior trim parts

Mine is slowly moving along as a 'custom' I found myself in the same boat as other 63 Lark guys, so I am using a 64 dash.

I am using 61 lark gauges and speedo, a large matching tach and tri guage cluster so everything is white face with black letters/numbers

The headliner situation may also be solved soon, as well as the small plastic end cap trim parts for the rear slider rails. I did find a cheap way out for the headliner and looking to improve on it.

SASCO did have rear area cargo wood, with carpet and other carpet 'chunks' in blue and red. Not sure which vendor ended up with those.

I did not like the A/M mirrors so I re chromed originals, as well as the tailights. Finding good housings is rare.

Comment

Originally posted by (S) View Post
                            Let me know how things look, I have been on the lookout for Wagonaire parts for years and have duplicates of almost anything including "optional items"
                            I ended up buying 3 wagonaire parts cars and anything I saw at swap meets.

The toughest parts to find are the 63 dash and the headliner/ interior trim parts

Mine is slowly moving along as a 'custom' I found myself in the same boat as other 63 Lark guys, so I am using a 64 dash.

I am using 61 lark gauges and speedo, a large matching tach and tri guage cluster so everything is white face with black letters/numbers

The headliner situation may also be solved soon, as well as the small plastic end cap trim parts for the rear slider rails. I did find a cheap way out for the headliner and looking to improve on it.

SASCO did have rear area cargo wood, with carpet and other carpet 'chunks' in blue and red. Not sure which vendor ended up with those.

I did not like the A/M mirrors so I re chromed originals, as well as the tailights. Finding good housings is rare.
                            I'll need your help on this one for sure, Mike. Come on down and check it out when I get back from California.

I used a '66 dash in my other '63...

A purist I'm not, and the later dashes look right at home in the 63's.
                            Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

That's gorgeous.
                              Clark in San Diego
                              '63 Standard (F2) "Barney"
                              http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X