Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63t-cab
    replied
    No,but I really like the looks of that car alot.

Leave a comment:

• clonelark
    replied
    He built basically a Nova, and is asking a Nova price, As much as i like Studebakers, they just don't have Chevrolet prices.
    Not knocking his car, I love it. Wish mine was that nice.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by geojerry View Post
    A nosale. Reserve not met. I was the only bidder.
    There were two bidders. One with a lot of feedback and one with a one (1) feedback. One bid was $15K and the other bid took it to $15,100. This did not meet reserve. I wonder what he was trying for.

Leave a comment:

• geojerry
    replied
    A nosale. Reserve not met. I was the only bidder.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by M15 Trucker View Post
    I'm I missing something? To me, this car looks like it has a '66 grill and headlights. Isn't this what a '64 should look like: [ATTACH=CONFIG]13588[/ATTACH]
    Yes, Mike, but the subject car on e-bay has been customized with 1966 components. It is, and I believe is titled as, a 1964 model year car. Just a customized one. BP

Leave a comment:

• M15 Trucker
    replied
    I'm I missing something? To me, this car looks like it has a '66 grill and headlights. Isn't this what a '64 should look like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1966 Cruiser.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	1671838
    Last edited by M15 Trucker; 02-03-2012, 08:42 AM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• 4961Studebaker
    replied
    He would be a prime candidate to ask, why are you leaving Studebakers. Was/is young, had a bitchin car, won some awards and yet isn't involved even with many praises and posts about himself and his car. Maybe life has taken hold and the sale will make a nice down payment on a starter home.

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied
    The young man that owns, and built, that car was only 21 when he displayed it at Lancaster, winning a first place award as has already been mentioned. He was the one I mentioned on another thread who got a "21 and Under" T-shirt at Lancaster. The car is indeed a lovely automobile. I would love to own it.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    This appears to be a nice car for the right person. That right person may be hard to find.

Some, that do not know the individual, may be put off by a fairly expensive car being sold by someone with zero (0) feedback on eBay.

He may be a nice guy that knows cars, but he needs a refresher in English/grammar. I can understand a quick ad for a $15 item with some errors, but not an ad for an item with greater than a $15,000 reserve having many errors.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
    Speaking of Dave Arnold....haven't seen him on here for some time.....he OK ?
    Dave is doing fine. He's just taking a break from the old car hobby.

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    Speaking of Dave Arnold....haven't seen him on here for some time.....he OK ?

Leave a comment:

• kmac530
    replied
    Very nice looking car from the pics. I like the wheels on that car, they have a nice vintage look but a bit of a modern styling as well. Nice mix.
    The wheels actually look a LITTLE bit like the standard Porsche alloys all polished but with a domed center cap. That got me thinking...Porsche is 5 x 4.5", Stude is 5 x 4.5"...hmmm

Leave a comment:

• 4961Studebaker
    replied
    Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
    Yes! Took a First at Lancaster. Restored by the owner/employee at Craig Piper's Westmoreland Restorations. Anything coming out of Craig's shop is first rate!
    I remember there was a very fine photo taken of that car in the early Thursday morning mist at Lancaster. Can't find it now.
    Bid high and often; it's worth it.
    I believe Dave Arnold took the misty photo you speek of. Crockett's car has a few videos on YouTube as it was on a Dyno machine. Nice car too bad the young man is letting it go....he may find himself starting a thread here "has anyone seen my old car?"

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    I think it may have made one of the 4 cover pics in a TWs

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Yes! Took a First at Lancaster. Restored by the owner/employee at Craig Piper's Westmoreland Restorations. Anything coming out of Craig's shop is first rate!
    I remember there was a very fine photo taken of that car in the early Thursday morning mist at Lancaster. Can't find it now.
    Bid high and often; it's worth it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X