EBAY - 64 Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBAY - 64 Commander

Anyone know anything about this Pa. Muscle Up 64 Black Commander. Only 1 bid so far and it end tomorrow.

Thx, Jerry

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1964-...item1e6a9c0526

Pretty sure the owner works for Craig Piper at Westmoreland Restorations in Blairsville. I think his name is David but not certain.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Comment

That car was at the International in Lancaster, it won the modified class , it was very nicely done . The owner was just a kid but he sure knew how to do up a car. Seen him let it go out on the hiway and it was fast !!
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I was about to ask if it had been displayed and judged at Lancaster. I thought I remembered seeing it there, and it is a nicely-done car. Thumbs-up on the correct battery hold-down, too. <GGG> BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Yes! Took a First at Lancaster. Restored by the owner/employee at Craig Piper's Westmoreland Restorations. Anything coming out of Craig's shop is first rate!
          I remember there was a very fine photo taken of that car in the early Thursday morning mist at Lancaster. Can't find it now.
          Bid high and often; it's worth it.
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I think it may have made one of the 4 cover pics in a TWs
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
              Yes! Took a First at Lancaster. Restored by the owner/employee at Craig Piper's Westmoreland Restorations. Anything coming out of Craig's shop is first rate!
              I remember there was a very fine photo taken of that car in the early Thursday morning mist at Lancaster. Can't find it now.
              Bid high and often; it's worth it.
              I believe Dave Arnold took the misty photo you speek of. Crockett's car has a few videos on YouTube as it was on a Dyno machine. Nice car too bad the young man is letting it go....he may find himself starting a thread here "has anyone seen my old car?"
              61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Very nice looking car from the pics. I like the wheels on that car, they have a nice vintage look but a bit of a modern styling as well. Nice mix.
                The wheels actually look a LITTLE bit like the standard Porsche alloys all polished but with a domed center cap. That got me thinking...Porsche is 5 x 4.5", Stude is 5 x 4.5"...hmmm

Comment

Speaking of Dave Arnold....haven't seen him on here for some time.....he OK ?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                    Speaking of Dave Arnold....haven't seen him on here for some time.....he OK ?
                    Dave is doing fine. He's just taking a break from the old car hobby.

Comment

This appears to be a nice car for the right person. That right person may be hard to find.

Some, that do not know the individual, may be put off by a fairly expensive car being sold by someone with zero (0) feedback on eBay.

He may be a nice guy that knows cars, but he needs a refresher in English/grammar. I can understand a quick ad for a $15 item with some errors, but not an ad for an item with greater than a $15,000 reserve having many errors.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The young man that owns, and built, that car was only 21 when he displayed it at Lancaster, winning a first place award as has already been mentioned. He was the one I mentioned on another thread who got a "21 and Under" T-shirt at Lancaster. The car is indeed a lovely automobile. I would love to own it.
                        Joe Roberts
                        '61 R1 Champ
                        '65 Cruiser
                        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

He would be a prime candidate to ask, why are you leaving Studebakers. Was/is young, had a bitchin car, won some awards and yet isn't involved even with many praises and posts about himself and his car. Maybe life has taken hold and the sale will make a nice down payment on a starter home.
                          61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

I'm I missing something? To me, this car looks like it has a '66 grill and headlights. Isn't this what a '64 should look like:

1966 Cruiser.jpg
                            Last edited by M15 Trucker; 02-03-2012, 10:42 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by M15 Trucker View Post
                              I'm I missing something? To me, this car looks like it has a '66 grill and headlights. Isn't this what a '64 should look like: [ATTACH=CONFIG]13588[/ATTACH]
                              Yes, Mike, but the subject car on e-bay has been customized with 1966 components. It is, and I believe is titled as, a 1964 model year car. Just a customized one. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X