Studebaker "Radio" Factoid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker "Radio" Factoid

The 1st car to have a motorcar designed radio, permanently installed, was a Studebaker, thanks to inventors Lear & Wavering, installed in business partner Paul Galvin's car At that time it was known as the Galvin Model 5T71 (later as the Motorola). Anyone know the year and model Studebaker? Circa 1929.

Covered here almost two months ago: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ght=transitone

Craig

Comment

Craig, that's great, but I couldn't find the answer to my question.

Comment

I think Craig thought you were proffering a quiz to which you knew the answer.
        You are requesting an answer so that, at some later point, you can proffer the quiz.

Readers, note: Dan is assembling puzzles and quizzes within the automotive hobby. He is picking our brains so that he may include Studebakers in his venture.
        I personally applaud any opportunity to get the marque before the public.
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Originally posted by CarCrosswordDan View Post
          Craig, that's great, but I couldn't find the answer to my question.
          The first link posted in the above link states it was a 1928 President sedan.

Craig

Comment

Personally, I love that Dan is asking these questions. We can probably follow his posts and assemble a pretty great FAQ about Studebakers!
            Clark in San Diego
            '63 Standard (F2) "Barney"
            http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
            X