Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Comment

Thanks for the info Bill. I love history. Thats what started me on this Studebaker quest to begin with. I work for the gas company in South Bend and I got to go through some of the factory before they were torn down. Really peaked my interest. We (the gas co.) used to have a large gas main dedicated to Studebaker. At our Pennsylvania St. yards inside one of the regulator stations that gas main is still marked with a studebaker sign. Nothing real interesting but I bet most people havn't seen it. There are several gas meters in the basement of the former body plant on Laffayette Stand the first time I went down there I was armed only with a mini-mag light.That dungeon seems to go on forever especially in the dark. I'm done rambling now.

Comment

Originally posted by wiley View Post
        Thanks for the info Bill. I love history. Thats what started me on this Studebaker quest to begin with. I work for the gas company in South Bend and I got to go through some of the factory before they were torn down. Really peaked my interest. We (the gas co.) used to have a large gas main dedicated to Studebaker. At our Pennsylvania St. yards inside one of the regulator stations that gas main is still marked with a studebaker sign. Nothing real interesting but I bet most people havn't seen it. There are several gas meters in the basement of the former body plant on Laffayette Stand the first time I went down there I was armed only with a mini-mag light.That dungeon seems to go on forever especially in the dark. I'm done rambling now.
        Interesting stuff! I love history too (as you can tell). You ought to call and schedule a trip to the Museum archives in person and I'll tell you, in one hour there of your time you could have all that stuff I'm talking about...at probably a cost of about $30. They'd also have dealer contract cards that would tell you how long Con Allen was in business. I'd take your production order along, to show them you've already paid for that.
        Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        (formerly Greenville, PA)
        Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
        Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
        1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
        1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
        All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by wiley View Post
          I paid 500.00 but due to sudden unforseen inflation the cars value has crept up (substantialy). LOL. It does in deed have a 4 speed. The transmission is yellow. Was that the factory color? Also as I have stated before there is no stamping on the machined area of the engine where the id should be. does anyone know who the dealer in Galien may have been?
          (1) The Yellow Transmission is a re-built unit, the original ones were Black like the Engine, and some factory replacements were Aluminum Silver.

(2) The no-Serial Number Engine Block is a New factory replacement Block and Pistons or Short Block.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
          X