Checking on a possible member?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking on a possible member?

I was on a nice motorcycle ride on sunday afternoon. I was heading up Pacific Coast Hyway {1} down in Luecadia or Solana beach. I was heading north when out of the corner of my eye I spy a mid to late 50s Transtar parked on the southbound side of PCH. It was a 2 tone color with the darker color being an orange and the lighter main body color being a beige ish orange ish color. It was pretty clean looking, but I only caught it in a quick glance.

I could not stop and go back since I was riding with a group, yet another reason I prefer to ride alone. The truck was being used as an advertising street sign because it had a small store sign strapped on the hood or roof.

I was just curious if it was a members truck or if anyone knew anything about it.

Maybe Clark knows about that one. He lives down that way.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Clark is one of the guys I was thinking may know about it. It is just a curiousity for me. Seemed like it may be a fixture in the area.

Comment

If it's the place I'm thinking of, on 101 in Leucadia, it belongs to the owner of an antique store. He also has a '51 Champion 4-door that gets parked outside the shop. None of them are pristine, but it's always good to see them there! I don't know if he's a member or not - he's never been in the shop when I've gone in.
        Clark in San Diego
        '63 Standard (F2) "Barney"
        http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I thought the sign said something about antiques on it. I am sure that is it. Nice to see a Stude out and about. It must run to be able to pull ot in and out of the street.

Comment

Working...
          X