• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 289stude
    replied
    Originally posted by geojerry View Post
    A minor power steering leak. All fixed.
    The one I just bought has one too it was the little rubber washer under the wing nut on the lid was shot. A 10 second fix.

Love the color combo on this car.

Leave a comment:

• geojerry
    replied
    A minor power steering leak. All fixed.

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    To geogerry,----- That '63 Avanti is gorgeous. Black painted cars, when they're done up right, are dead sharp. Kind of funny though,--in Your photo it looks like the R-4 let go when He parked it! (puddle under engine!!)

Leave a comment:

• StudeMichael
    replied
    It does not have a factory R4 intake. It is a Dave TBow re pop that bolts to R1 heads. The carbs are not correct either.

Leave a comment:

• geojerry
    replied
    A pic of the R4 from the show
    Last edited by geojerry; 01-31-2012, 04:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• geojerry
    replied
    Yes. This outstanding Avanti belongs to Bill Amantia down here in South Fla. I can vouch for the accuracy and quality in the EBAY ad. He is our treasurer of the John Epstein Chapter of the the Florida Avanti owners club. We were at a local show 3 weeks ago with our Avanti's and his R4 was a killer to look at.

Leave a comment:

• Silverplate
    replied
    I believe this the car owned by William Amantia. It is featured in the March 2012 Avanti calendar and was originally an R1 to R4. It was also an original automatic trans and swapped out the 4-speed. Nice car.

Leave a comment:

• Andy R.
    replied
    Lord Vader, you're Avanti is ready...

As much as I admire all Avantis, this black beauty is a work of art.
    So what if I can't afford the fuel...just park it in my living room.

Leave a comment:

• plwindish
    replied
    I for one am wondering what the reserve is. Seller said reserve is roughly 50% of what his total investment over the 23 years he has owned the car. I'm sure that is still beyond what the bid total will be. The car is beautiful. I always think of the "63 black R 1 that I had from '66 - '69, realizing many years later that I should not have gotten rid of the car for the '67 Chevelle SS 396.

Leave a comment:

• 289stude
    replied
    Also it wasn't born a 4spd notice the automatic dipstick in the one photo. Didnt notice mention of a conversion in his ad.

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied
    Agree, it is a stunning car.

I'd want clarification on the pistons, head work, cam and compression ratio..
    including the factory spec , build and re-bore from 289 c.i. to 304.5 c.i., milled and magna-fluxed heads, new cam shaft, correct pistons,
    What duration was the new camshaft? The correct R4 pistons are already 12:1 compression. If the standard R1 heads were milled much, the compression could be 13:1. Agree, it's unlikely he's driving the car with that combination, but not enough detail to know what was built. All these make a huge difference in how the car drives.

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    Now if I was ever to buy an Avanti , thats just what I'd want.

Leave a comment:

• pdrnec
    replied
    That is a stunning car.

Leave a comment:

• 289stude
    started a topic Wow another R4 Avanti on eBay.

Wow another R4 Avanti on eBay.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...=320840034798+
Working...
X