Mecum Auction Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mecum Auction Results

In addition to the 55 pickup sold at Mecum's Kissimmee Auction for $4,000 with comments on this previously noted on the Forum, does anyone know what the 56 Golden Hawk sold for last Friday? There were also 2 Avantis there and it would be nice to know what they sold for as well. Any knowledge out there?
    Stu Chapman

I just went on the Mecum.com site and the '81 Coupe was a no sale with a final bid of $11,500. The '87 Convert sold for $15,000. Anyone can register at mecum.com and get the auction results and info about upcomng auctions.
    sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by plwindish View Post
      I just went on the Mecum.com site and the '81 Coupe was a no sale with a final bid of $11,500. The '87 Convert sold for $15,000. Anyone can register at mecum.com and get the auction results and info about upcomng auctions.
      Without knowing these two Avantis, the auction prices garnered seem high or at least reasonable for Avantis of those years.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

When I saw the $11,500 for the coupe, I thought it was at the lower end of what you would expect an Avanti II to go for. The Mecum site did not have a picture or any info about the car, so we are in the dark about the condition of the car, but I've never seen a car in poor shape run through any Mecum auctions. From prices I've seen around on different sites, the '87 convertible sounded like a really good buy @ $15,000. I'm used to seeing convertibles being listed for sale in the $25 - $28 K range.
        sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by plwindish View Post
          When I saw the $11,500 for the coupe, I thought it was at the lower end of what you would expect an Avanti II to go for. The Mecum site did not have a picture or any info about the car, so we are in the dark about the condition of the car, but I've never seen a car in poor shape run through any Mecum auctions. From prices I've seen around on different sites, the '87 convertible sounded like a really good buy @ $15,000. I'm used to seeing convertibles being listed for sale in the $25 - $28 K range.
          Try searching eBay completed sales and other real sale numbers, such as other auctions. I think that you will discover 1987 Avantis selling for much less than what some have asked for their cars. You can ask anything for a car. Value is established at the price that a seller and a buyer agree to.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I went the this auction Saturday. There were 2,000 cars being auctioned!! I have never seen so many nice cars in one place in my life. Yes, the economy is that bad in Florida!

Comment

The 56 GH sold for $32k

Comment

A 87 Convert, for $15,000.00 that is a steal unless a junker, other II's less yes but not a convert.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

To: 60ragtop,-------- 32K for a nice Golden of any year is beginning to sound kind of cheap! No what I mean?

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                    A 87 Convert, for $15,000.00 that is a steal unless a junker, other II's less yes but not a convert.
                    Not a junker. This was a nice car.
                    Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by 60ragtop View Post
                      The 56 GH sold for $32k
                      The car was certainly worth $32k IMHO. There were a few things needing attention such as missing mylar on the interior door panels. But generally it was a nice example.
                      Stu Chapman

Comment

I am the new lucky owner of the auctioned Golden Hawk. I have been looking for a good 56 GH for some time and am very pleased with this purchase.
                        Planning on getting its FIVA papers then entering it into the Italian Mille Miglia in 2013.

A

Comment

info at http://mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail...=FL0112-120973

Comment

Great Purchase, welcome to the forum and good luck at the Mille Miglia. Along with the welcome I will offer the standard recommendation to join the Studebaker Drivers Club if you haven't already. Great resources and good fellowship too. A significant membership exists in the UK and Europe.

Enjoy your Golden Hawk!

Pat
                            Pat Dilling
                            Olivehurst, CA
                            Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by uk stude View Post
                              I am the new lucky owner of the auctioned Golden Hawk. I have been looking for a good 56 GH for some time and am very pleased with this purchase.
                              Planning on getting its FIVA papers then entering it into the Italian Mille Miglia in 2013.

A
                              Congratulations...you'll enjoy the car. Do contact Frank Ambrogio at the 56 Golden Hawk Owners Registry. This car is registered with Frank and he'll want to know your details.
                              Stu Chapman

Comment

Working...
                              X