<--- headed north ---> 1952 Pick up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <--- headed north ---> 1952 Pick up

Bought a very nice pick up last week. Rene Harger called me indicating a close friend of his passed away and his daughter was selling some of his things to take care of final expenses. Rene has done quite a lot of work on the truck in the last few years. Front disc brakes...small block chevy....power steering....Camero Rear rear differential....tilt wheel etc. I have no clue what one of these trucks is worth. Any input is appreciated....only have the picture of it ourside Rene's place taken a year or so ago. Rene says it is a nice truck......we shall see.

Attached is photo of the truck next to car. It is presently Pea Green. I have been wanting a nice 49-55 Studebaker truck and the additional photo's attached are some I pulled off the internet over the past few months....narrowing down the color to one of these...using the wide white radials and the baby moons. It a great look. Any color more desirable than another ?
    Attached Files

I like the original green. My opinion and worth what you paid for it.

Comment

I purchased the truck based on Rene's recommendation. It is well worth what I paid...no doubt. I want to go thru it, after I drive her this summer, to update and add some things. Thought while I had her apart i would strip the paint to bare metal and give her new look. I have not seen the color in person. But will now look her over and consider your suggestion on using the original paint color....but with the nostalgic wheels and tires.

Comment

Nice truck Mike....I restored a '50 a few years ago , they sure are a fun truck . Mine was also a green one.
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

What's wrong with the color?

Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I like the green too,

Is it pea or pee tho ?

Dean.

Comment

Mom always said, "If it's green it was picked too soon. Sit it on the windowsill for a few days."
              "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

If YOU prefer the Dark Green on #2, the Mint Green on the '55 #3, that very nice Turquoise Green Color on the '55 #4, or the Darker Blue/Green on #5 then do it YOUR way! All of them beat the light Apple Green it currently is, IMHO.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Very nice truck; 'sounds like a good time.

Color is so much a matter of personal preference that if you like it, it's a good color.

(Personally, that color in a non-metallic does seem to sit unusually well on those trucks; something about it seems "right.")

Cool beans! BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                  "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I love the color it is now and so does my wife. Of those 5 pics, my fav is #2 the dark green, but I am partial since my truck is about that color. The only color I am not a fan of in that 5 pic set is the minty green Transtar. Not my fav, but that is just preference. The other 4 are great. Jons looks great in that sea foamy green.

Comment

Working...
                    X