Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$148,500!!!! I think this is a new record for any Studebaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son considers the Grand National his even though the title still has my name on it and he still owes me $11,000 on it. When I got the Lark I told him it would get more attention than "his" car even in it's worn out state. He got so tired of everyone looking at the Lark instead of the Grand National that he said in frustration "You'd think these people never saw a ripped up interior before!" It was classic.

Comment

Makes Me wonder where prices will be ten years from now. Maybe $148,500 will sound like a bargain!!

Comment

Hawks get a lot of attention. Drove our 61 to Plano RC Hobbies Saturday to spend my gift certificate. We get stared at....multiple thumbs up, had a guy in a Porsche go bonkers as he slowed down then pulled over so he could look. Got more pictures taken that day by passersby than i could have imagined...
        Face it..our cars are getting a little more popular..

Comment

I like your mental gusto.....may I inquire what beverages you have recently consumed? My wife says I need a better mental attitude:-)
          Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
          This one can be had for less than 1/2 % of that selling cost, every thing is there just needs to be worked on some , also 95% rust free, engine spins easy, "O" compression still worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
            I like your mental gusto.....may I inquire what beverages you have recently consumed? My wife says I need a better mental attitude:-)
            so you're saying in a roundabout way, his car is not worth $750? I'm no hawk expert, but it seems fair. I would buy it just for the spare parts if I were into those cars.
            sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
            Regal Deluxe Trim
            Automatic transmission
            46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

A lady in our office had attended and gave me the catalogue to flip through. I think there were a few other Studes in addition to this car. I looked up the price and if not for the arms on my office chair, I would have fallen out of it. But then again, one must expect crazy things from the bidders at B-J. It will be sad for me if prices suddenly start taking off, as you can see from my signature that I'm looking. I'll want to get in at the bottom, not the top!

Comment

Working...
              X