Must sell 1958 Packard sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must sell 1958 Packard sedan

I was contacted by an aqaintance of mine who some years ago inherited a 58 Packard 4 door sedan from his grandparents. The grandparents having formerly been Studebaker dealers in central Nebraska. I came to know the family a few years back when contacted to purchase the remaining Studebaker parts inventory which we did. While there I viewed this Packard in its storage location and while the visibility was not good I did not see any rust. The vehicle was not for sale at that time. It has now become available and must be sold for financial reasons. I am told it is one of 400 built with factory air. It is black in color with gold trim. I should have more info later today as to condition and price. It is in running condition. As soon as I get more info on price, condition etc.I will relay it here. The sellers contact info I will relay to potential buyers privately through my profile. Price $8000 obo

Thank you
    Last edited by 41 Frank; 02-06-2012, 10:28 PM. Reason: spelling
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

This is an interesting car. It may get me to own another 1958 Packard. I had my last one for nine years. Is the car in NE, AZ or elsewhere (makes a big difference with shipping costs)?
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary,the car is located in Central Nebraska 45 minutes north of Grand Island.

Originally posted by studegary View Post
      This is an interesting car. It may get me to own another 1958 Packard. I had my last one for nine years. Is the car in NE, AZ or elsewhere (makes a big difference with shipping costs)?
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Spare block,crank,heads and transmission go with car. More info later when I hear back from the owner..
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Some additional info received on this car. It is 100% complete and driveable. AC needs freon (still R-12). Engine has oil leak,possibly from rear main. Engine runs strong and transmission works great. Interior is in presentable original condition, exterior paint is considered a 50 footer as it has some nicks here and there. At some point in the past the current owner's grandfather was in a traffic altercation and the Lf fender and door were replaced. Owner has a price in mind but would rather entertain offers at this time. Send me a PM and I will relay the owner's contact information, such as e-mail and phone number to you. I have no personal connection to this vehicle and am just putting this out here for Forum members who may have an interest. Thanks.
          Last edited by 41 Frank; 02-05-2012, 02:08 PM.
          Frank van Doorn
          Omaha, Ne.
          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Frank any possibility of someone posting pics?

Comment

I did take some pictures of it a few years ago but they are at our Nebraska home and we are currently wintering in Arizona. Best to contact the owner, I'll send you his contact info by PM.
              Originally posted by 58PackardWagon View Post
              Frank any possibility of someone posting pics?
              Frank van Doorn
              Omaha, Ne.
              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

The owner indicates the asking price is $8000 obo
                Frank van Doorn
                Omaha, Ne.
                1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Working...
                X