Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International Studebaker Drivers Club on Facebook!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:liked:
    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

It's simple

Establishing a Facebook, Twitter and even a YouTube presence for the SDC costs nothing. As such, there's no downside.

Maybe, just maybe, some younger people who will someday find an interest in cars of our vintage, will see Facebook/Twitter logos in an ad or brochure or whatever and may perceive that though the cars are old, the club is current and perhaps relevant to them.

To be sure, such subtlety may only move the perception meter a minute amount in our favor but even if it doesn't change a thing the club can at least say they tried. Did I mention that it doesn't cost the club anything?
      sigpic
      Bob Shaw
      Rush City, Minnesota
      1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
      "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Just take time to consistently update posts, events, tweets and/or pictures..content keeps recurring visits. Stagnation post a car show over a couple days. Chapters too.
        Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 02-03-2012, 07:24 PM.
        61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBrownR2 View Post
          Well, since they're going to twist the logic here, an individual who is on Facebook, and is in my Friends list, will see the SDC is in my sidebar. If they're interested in the page, they will click on the link to the SDC's Facebook page, or consequently look up Studebakers in general, it's that simple. You also have to be on Facebook to understand how this actually works. Of course if they see one out on the streets, they will want to look it up on the web, but since I keep my list reduced to a small list of family and friends as I had eluded to earlier, the only vehicles they will know about, are the ones I or my parents may have. So that's where things like the Facebook's SDC webpage will come in handy. They can look up the page for the club, and if they want to know anymore about it, can look up the main SDC page or any number of Studebaker pages on the web. And sorry, since I'm still in that age group, no I do not, sorry.....
          All i'm saying is it's redundant -- and your example isn't really saying anything. Don't "real" friends of yours already know you like Studebakers? All my real friends do. They don't need to click on anything to figure that out.

Sure, you can put the SDC on facebook, knock yourselves out. Just don't get your hopes up, that's all i'm saying...
          This article kind of sums up my point... http://www.readwriteweb.com/biz/2011...n-facebook.php
          Last edited by deco_droid; 02-06-2012, 09:07 AM.
          sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
          Regal Deluxe Trim
          Automatic transmission
          46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

All i'm saying is it's redundant -- and your example isn't really saying anything. Don't "real" friends of yours already know you like Studebakers? All my real friends do. They don't need to click on anything to figure that out.
            Actually, they do. The Lark is my main transportation, and it's used as mostly a local vehicle for the past 11 years. When you own an actual driver that's out in everything, including the salt, you tend to be identified by the vehicle you drive. But since my other friends that I grew up with, moved away from the area ages ago, and my general family was never in the area, this is fine opportunity to promote it over Facebook to a group of people I occasionally see. They know I have the Lark, but in general, they don't know about Studebakers, or SDC, or anything pertaining to the cars thereof, since they never grew up around them, so it's an ideal situation when I talk to them over Facebook.
            1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
            1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
            1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
            1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

went to the fb site - nothing new there for a month.

has it been decided that the idea by "the powers that be", is dead?
              Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Unlikely... more like whoever is administering the page got busy with other things

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

To each his own... info on SDC is easily accessed/found on the internet...email is a pretty good way to communicate with others...what specifically does Facebook offer that is better?...it's an option if you want it--as for me, I'll stay with what I know...all these new innovative communication devices/methods seem to be very time consuming, and sometimes, much ado about nothing...but hey, we have choices...

Comment

I enjoy facebook and use it to follow my extended families activities. Glad the SDC has a site and I posted on it today.

Regards,
                    John Brayton

Comment

I've been watching the page, and it appears to have stagnated. SNM has a page up there as well with a pretty sizable following, and one of the ways it becomes effective, is it posts the goings on in the museum, and provides little factoids, tidbits, and other items on interest. So I'd suggest posting your zone meets, International meets, sharing your favorite Studebaker pictures or trivia, and see what happens from there. In a way, it can also be used as a Facebook Studebaker Forum, because those who liked the page can post to the wall about anything Studebaker related.
                      1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

"It will never work! We're doomed"
                        Attached Files

Comment

Reminds me of the response on the Simpsons episode when Homer became a missionary, and he told them he was going to teach them about religion:

All the natives drop to the ground and start screaming, "Oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god!"

(I do not profess or teach religion, but the deconstructive response on this page is rather apt, lol.)

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBrownR2 View Post
                            >>>but the deconstructive response on this page is rather apt, lol.)

On the other hand I prefer to consider them "CONSTRUCTIVE" responses!!!

If something is NOT working or NOT working up to expectations ...LET'S WORK TO FIX IT ...don't "sweep it under the rug" like is happening all to frequently of late with all "customer feedback and constructive opinions" here on our SDC Forums!!!
                            Last edited by Welcome; 03-07-2012, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Hey, I provided my solutions a couple posts back. It's part of my career to be a collaborator. However, I said deconstructive in the sense that "Why do we need a website on Facebook that 3/4 of the world uses, that I don't understand, am not a part of, nor will ever be?" is not a helpful response in this matter. If the new SDC site is not working, but the Studebaker National Museum is doing exceptionally well, then it might be helpful to model what they are doing right to attract so many people. On a more positive note, SDC is doing better than a couple of the other hobby clubs I belonged to. They did not reach out to new members, they put up a website that was never maintained, and they never did, nor did they want to reach out to the community. They did very little to provide any public exposure for themselves, and they were even part of the community's park district. Effectively, as the years of stagnation went by, the club shrunk down to just a few officers and all but a couple of members.

Comment

Working...
                              X