Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International Studebaker Drivers Club on Facebook!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Studebaker Drivers Club on Facebook!!

ATTENTION!

The Studebaker Drivers Club now has an Official Facebook page! If you are member of Facebook, or your Chapter has a Facebook page already, please "Like" the International page so we can better communicate with each other. While you are there please share pictures, announcements about your Chapter, and more! Please stop by often and post too!

If you aren't a member of Facebook yet, please join us in the world of Studebaker Social Media by signing up for an account at www.facebook.com.

If you are already a user of Facebook, you can either use the search part of your Facebook page, or go directly to this url:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stude...62679403790330

We are stepping into the world of social media just like many chapters already have, to instantly communicate with members, and to promote Studebaker. As always, this is "Our" club, and your suggestions are welcome.

Sweet! This is a good way to give the SDC some extra publicity on the cheap.
    Also, the Michiana Chapter now "like" this...
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

i'm in!!!
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I often have my face in a book, but never Facebook <G>. This is a good idea for the younger generations.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          I often have my face in a book, but never Facebook <G>. This is a good idea for the younger generations.
          Agree with Gary. I do not have facebook and will not have . I do not understand why SDC needs it if the forum and web page are useful tools for comunicate each other

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo View Post
            Agree with Gary. I do not have facebook and will not have . I do not understand why SDC needs it if the forum and web page are useful tools for comunicate each other
            sort of goes to the "new blood" thread:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...new-blood-quot

find new folks there - bring them here to the forum, SDC, and perhaps, a studebaker purchase. don't think we will run out of studes for awhile, and what if we did? demand goes up and so do the prices. most owners now wouldn't mind a selling price a little closer to the "big 3"...

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo View Post
              The SDC forum and a web page does a good job for what they are ment to do, but there are a lot more people on Facebook then there are on here. There are actually a lot of people who have no idea that this forum exists. Facebook will give the SDC as a whole more publicity for free. The other advantage is rapid publication. Lets say that the president of the club makes a split second decision that needs to get out to the club ASAP. I can get that message onto the Facebook site within seconds, instead of days, and reach more people faster then just the forum and TW alone.
              Chris Dresbach

Comment

...........of coarse thats only OK if people follow facebook
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                  ...........of coarse thats only OK if people follow facebook
                  uhh, you don't have to "follow" facebook. before i signed up on fb last year, i even started a new e-mail account just for fb - if i decided to kill it. you can then "friend" the stude site mentioned, and after that, you will get a e-mail when the stude site posts something new.

don't really have to do anymore than that. you may get some friend requests from fellow sdc site "friends" - you don't have to accept them.

if this gets more folks interested in studes, i'm all for it!
                  if it doesn't, then the "do-nothings" win, and soon we'll fade away with buggy whips and rotary dial phones.

Comment

If the SDC wants to appeal to other than just us geezers, it makes sense to have info available where 800,000,000 folks hang out (Facebook) rather than an ad in the AARP newsletter.

It's free.

It makes sense.
                    Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

I use Facebook for 3 things now...flyfishing,classic motorcycles and...wait ,,,for it...Studebakers
                      1946 Studebaker M5 1/2 ton.....Got Parts?...rear view mirror,.?
                      Studebaker Drivers Club Member
                      Learning Respect for the Power of Rust more Every Day
                      Studebaker Truck Farmer

Comment

Welcome to the 21st Century
                        Tom
                        sigpic

Comment

Reaching out - in all directions. Already someone on the site who wanted to know how to sign up for the club - so I guess it is already working...

Comment

I am just not ready for facebook!
                            The rest of my family have been trying to drag me down that path.....but I am still kicking and screaming?
                            Good Roads
                            Brian
                            Brian Woods
                            woodysrods@shaw.ca
                            1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

I have been on 'This book of faces" for a few years and a few less as representing my restoration business. Welcome to todays world.
                              Bez Auto Alchemy
                              573-318-8948
                              http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                              X