• Henry Votel
    replied
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLaupij85_I

Leave a comment:

• jamesr
    replied
    Wisconsin cheese

Hi again,

Maybe we need a Wisconsin cheese sampler table at this event! Just saying ya know?

Jim R.

Leave a comment:

• jamesr
    replied
    Hi,

If you go to Bob Shaws reply above (#19) you will find a link to our chapters web pages. Go there and he has a link to a video or pictures of a previous swap meet.

Jim R.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Purdy
    replied
    You guys had to bring this up. My wife seen this about car parts and cheese now she wants to go. It is a long ways from Oklahoma. But we will see when the time comes. Dose anybody have pictures from past swap meets?

Leave a comment:

• bob40
    replied
    Any guesses as to the cheese vs. parts bought ratio?

Leave a comment:

• Henry Votel
    replied
    For all with their favorite "Cheese Stops" in Wisconsin and those not from the Midwest that wonder about this cheese passion ("you people in Rio Linda

Leave a comment:

• BShaw
    replied
    Yes, it's back to September 22nd!

Just want to confirm that the Swap date is now back to 9/22/12. I have just updated the North Star Chapter's web page for the swap meet, including a Google Maps link to the new venue in Menomonie.

http://www.northstarwheel.com/studeswap.html

BTW, we have the venue listed as "Olde Towne". If you see references to "Dotseth Trucking and Museum", know that they share the same address: 903 Cedar Falls Road, Menomonie, WI 54751.

If any of the other details change I will update the swap page as soon as I get the changes.

Leave a comment:

• COMMANDERPINK1
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
    GOOD NEWS!
    According to one of the men behind the meet.. THE DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED!
    It is back to the 4th Saturday of September and it will be in Menomonie. Details will be in an upcoming TURNING WHEELS.
    Unfortunately, I still have to work Saturdays (and need the extra income to provide a home for my Studes), so I probably won't be there.
    OH Duane you must find a way!!
    Tom

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Mute
    replied
    GOOD NEWS!
    According to one of the men behind the meet.. THE DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED!
    It is back to the 4th Saturday of September and it will be in Menomonie. Details will be in an upcoming TURNING WHEELS.
    Unfortunately, I still have to work Saturdays (and need the extra income to provide a home for my Studes), so I probably won't be there.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Mute
    replied
    I already have my hotel room in Rockford.
    The reason I was given for the date and place change was that the owner of the location in Hudson did a "double-booking" or something and the Studebaker Swap folks got shafted. As Zone Coordinator for this area, I keep a calendar of regulary scheduled events so we don't have two major events going on at the same time. This year it didn't work but it will. Please attend whichever event you can... but get to one of them!

Leave a comment:

• bob40
    replied
    I'm thinking Illinois for me.

Leave a comment:

• 58PackardWagon
    replied
    Count me out too. Not good

Leave a comment:

• jamesr
    replied
    Conflict with Zone Meet

Hi,

My wife and I just got our hotel for the 2012 zone meet in Rockford, Ill.. UNFORTUNATELY, THE DATES ARE SEPT. 14 - 15. This will be in direct conflict with the swap meet as is stated above by Bob Shaw. I wish there were more dates on the calendar as I hate to see these conflicts. You can be sure that either meet will draw away from the other.

Jim Ringquist
    Last edited by jamesr; 01-31-2012, 01:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bob40
    replied
    Another benefit is that it is closer to Eau Galle Cheese in Durand, Wisconsin, which has the best Itallian cheese in the state.

I buy from the Cady cheese factory in Wilson Wi. South of I-94 between Menomonie and Baldwin.They have a horseradish jack that is fantastic

Leave a comment:

• BShaw
    replied
    Swap meet date correction!

I learned this morning (in a roundabout way) that the annual Studebaker Only Swap Meet will be on SEPTEMBER 15 not Sept. 22 and will be in Menomonie.

I have corrected this on the North Star Chapter website:
    http://www.northstarwheel.com/studeswap.html

Hopefully our chapter events director has or will get the new info sent for Turning Wheels and the SDC site.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X