Hudson, WI. Swap Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hudson, WI. Swap Meet

Anybody from the North Star or Badger Wheels regions know anything about this meet in Sept.? I'm tring to line up my summer entertainment and reservations! Thanks. -Jim

Looks like it is Sept 22nd this year.
    Here is the link................

http://www.northstarwheel.com/news.html

Comment

Swap Meet Location

Hi,

I'm pretty sure the location for the swap meet will be Menomonie, WI. this year. When I saw this thread I was drawn to jrlemke as the originator. That name is the same as our treasurer and activities director. Very interesting!

Jim Ringquist - North Star Chapter
      sigpic

Comment

ALL STUDEBAKER SWAP MEET

SEPTEMBER 22, 2012 - Dotseth Trucking & Museum, Menomonie, Wisconsin - sponsored by Badger Wheel SDC and North Star SDC. For more information all Fred Koehler 715-639-5114.

http://studebu.tripod.com/id6.html

It looks like its Menomonie. Nuts. I've made all of the previous swap meets, even the one on my wedding day, but I doubt I'll be able to make the 500+ mile round trip this year.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by 61Lark View Post
          ALL STUDEBAKER SWAP MEET

SEPTEMBER 22, 2012 - Dotseth Trucking & Museum, Menomonie, Wisconsin - sponsored by Badger Wheel SDC and North Star SDC. For more information all Fred Koehler 715-639-5114.

http://studebu.tripod.com/id6.html

It looks like its Menomonie. Nuts. I've made all of the previous swap meets, even the one on my wedding day, but I doubt I'll be able to make the 500+ mile round trip this year.

Nick
          You attended a swap meet on your wedding day? I admire your dedication Nick! I too am disappointed that it is further away now, but at least there will be a swap meet. I'll have to carry more oil with me in the Hawk to make it down and back.
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

How about a list of motels in the area? We always stop at the wayside on the interstate there on the way to Hudson, so it's closer than Hudson for me. Thanks. -Jim

Comment

I can see the logic of Menomonie. It is a joint swap with 2 chapters of SDC and moving it further east may bring out more enthusiasts from the Wisconsin area.
              It might even attract new vendors.
              Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Hi Nick,

Menomonie, WI is just 30 miles/30 more minutes East of Hudson. . . . . unless you are not coming from Eden Prairie, MN

Nick[/QUOTE]
                Henry Votel,
                Forest Lake, MN
                Buying & Selling Studebaker Parts in MN & WI

Comment

Being so close to Jim B's place, I might have to kill two birds with one stone.

Comment

Boy Henry do I feel stupid. I have friends that went to UW-Stout so I should know where Menomonie is. The first time I typed it into Google Maps it was showing it way over by Wausau. I tried it again and there it is in the right spot, about a hour and a half one way trip which is easily do-able. Thanks for pointing that out. You'll see me there this year for sure. I might even have a Lark contvertible for sale...

I am also looking forward to a change in venue as it hopefully will bring out some new vendors. Another benefit is that it is closer to Eau Galle Cheese in Durand, Wisconsin, which has the best Itallian cheese in the state.

Nick

Originally posted by Henry Votel View Post
                    Hi Nick,

Menomonie, WI is just 30 miles/30 more minutes East of Hudson. . . . . unless you are not coming from Eden Prairie, MN

Comment

Swap meet date correction!

I learned this morning (in a roundabout way) that the annual Studebaker Only Swap Meet will be on SEPTEMBER 15 not Sept. 22 and will be in Menomonie.

I have corrected this on the North Star Chapter website:
                      http://www.northstarwheel.com/studeswap.html

Hopefully our chapter events director has or will get the new info sent for Turning Wheels and the SDC site.
                      sigpic
                      Bob Shaw
                      Rush City, Minnesota
                      1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
                      "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Another benefit is that it is closer to Eau Galle Cheese in Durand, Wisconsin, which has the best Itallian cheese in the state.

I buy from the Cady cheese factory in Wilson Wi. South of I-94 between Menomonie and Baldwin.They have a horseradish jack that is fantastic

Comment

Conflict with Zone Meet

Hi,

My wife and I just got our hotel for the 2012 zone meet in Rockford, Ill.. UNFORTUNATELY, THE DATES ARE SEPT. 14 - 15. This will be in direct conflict with the swap meet as is stated above by Bob Shaw. I wish there were more dates on the calendar as I hate to see these conflicts. You can be sure that either meet will draw away from the other.

Jim Ringquist
                          Last edited by jamesr; 01-31-2012, 12:59 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Count me out too. Not good

Comment

I'm thinking Illinois for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X