X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by JEWELL View Post
    I have owned it only since December. The car is in New Branufels at A&E Classic Cars for brake work. The body tag on the cowl is 501, I thought this was the trim number the tag numer is 64V-K6 and then 501 am I wrong?

Thanks , Mark
    You are correct with the 64V-K6 for a 1964 V8 Hawk (not K7, as Tom B stated).
    1964 six cylinder Hawks (export) were 64S-K6.
    Your body was 501 out of the 1548 V8 Hawk bodies built for 1964 (not the 501st car produced). The 224 six cylinder Hawks for 1964 would be a different series of body numbers (see above).

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Originally posted by JEWELL View Post
    /Cut/The body tag on the cowl is 501, I thought this was the trim number the tag numer is 64V-K6 and then 501 am I wrong?Thanks , Mark
    Yes, it is as Tom said Body Number only, means very little except the Body Tub weld-up line Sequence, NOT about the total Car.

The Serial Number on the left Door Post tells us which Car in the Final Line build sequence it really is, but you must give that number to the Studebaker National Museum to purchase any more info like Interior, Exterior Colors, Optional Equipment, Build Date, Shipped to etc. on the production Order, which will tell it ALL!

These Serial Numbers on '50's and '60's Cars are NOT VIN numbers, only Serial Numbers, before VINs were created.

Welcome Mark, to SDC and to the SDC Forum! You have quite a rare and desirable Model of Studebaker there.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 01-27-2012, 08:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JEWELL
    replied
    I have owned it only since December. The car is in New Branufels at A&E Classic Cars for brake work. The body tag on the cowl is 501, I thought this was the trim number the tag numer is 64V-K6 and then 501 am I wrong?

Thanks , Mark

Leave a comment:

• TXmark
    replied
    welcome, how long have you had your hawk? what part of houston are you in?

Leave a comment:

• tbredehoft
    replied
    That's the body tag, applied after the cabin was welded together. The top line is the Model, ending in K7 for top of the line hardtop. The bottom line is the sequential number of the weld job. This number does not indicate the sequence of the building of the vehicle. Thats sorta random. There were less than 2000 '64 Hawks built.

Sorry 'bout the K7, I misremembered.
    Last edited by tbredehoft; 01-28-2012, 12:53 PM. Reason: Correct K 6-7 error

Leave a comment:

• JEWELL
    started a topic 64 Hawk Body Tag

64 Hawk Body Tag

Question, does anyone know what the large 3 digit numbers mean on the body tag of my Hawk . Its located on the cowl of the car.
    Thanks to all.
Working...
X