X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rockinhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    Does it even have a frame or chassis under it, Matthew?

Be sure to save the Serial Number and Body Number tags. The Biblical account of Lazarus comes to mind....<GGG> BP
    Lazarus? Maybe. But I'm thinking more of Ezekiel's story of "The valley of the Dry Bones".

Leave a comment:

• lark63
    replied
    I realize the story of this car has been told, but I missed it. How did it come to be left, to become what it is today? I always loved finding cars like this when I was a young Studebaker enthusiast

Leave a comment:

• clonelark
    replied
    Just the halo stainless will bring a good penny, shine that baby up and take it to York.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    Does it even have a frame or chassis under it, Matthew? Be sure to save the Serial Number and Body Number tags. The Biblical account of Lazarus comes to mind.
    Bob, I have an idea of the car that comes to your mind. I bet it was some extremely rare medium blue late 60's Mopar that looked like it was in a multi-rollover accident along with some serious rust issues which got revealed once all the bondo popped off in the impact. In the end that car got the 'Lazarus'-type restoration treatment. I believe the link you provided was on cudaworld at one time, but it doesn't appear to be archived if that was the site it was on. Just maybe there IS a frame still under that '58 Packard Hawh with the secret serial number still able to be visible after sandblasting it as well...

Craig

Leave a comment:

• pdrnec
    replied
    That'll buff right out.

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    I bet there are still many, many parts unique to a 58L-K9 on that baby----What a great find!!!

Leave a comment:

• rockinhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by mbstude View Post
    Here's the new prize.. Disassembly starts in the morning. Anyone need anything?

Grandma says "Looks like disassembly started several years ago!"

Leave a comment:

• Studedude
    replied
    What does it say on the fin?

"NO CALLS?"

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Does it even have a frame or chassis under it, Matthew?

Be sure to save the Serial Number and Body Number tags. The Biblical account of Lazarus comes to mind....<GGG> BP

Leave a comment:

• Milaca
    replied
    Looks like lawn art to me! Put it up on concrete blocks next to the road with your business advertised on it, it will surely get lots of attention!

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    Gee Matt, I almost wish you had not posted the pic. The picture in my imagination was much better!

Leave a comment:

• 63t-cab
    replied
    Matthew,the front fender looks to be solid.being caved in like that did'nt seem to break any rust in the rear edge ?maybe take some time to work it out close,and put up for sale at York <G>
    Originally posted by mbstude View Post
    Here's the new prize.. Disassembly starts in the morning. Anyone need anything?

Leave a comment:

• hausdok
    replied
    Hi Matt,

Looks like the fiberglass nose is gone and the trunk lid is shot to hell. How are the dagmars on the front bumper? Is there steering column and dash in there? Can you compile a list of what's salvageable and post it or email it? What number is it?

Leave a comment:

• jlmccuan
    replied
    Will that front end fit your wagon?

Leave a comment:

• JGK 940
    replied
    The energy and enthusiasm of a man in his early 20s would be nice.

Other than that... just share the stories and an occasional picture, please, as usual. Excellent catch.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X