Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8E45E
    replied
    Going by the firewall, I think Jewel Beige was the main color on this car with Shadowtone Red as the secondary color. Joe's is the opposite, I believe. Here is one in all-Jewel Beige:

Craig
    Last edited by 8E45E; 01-28-2012, 06:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Interesting color report from Squire Quinn; Shadowtone Red & Jewel Beige.

Take a look at that combination on Joe Parson's gorgeous 1958 Golden Hawk in the dramatic color spray on Pages 27-32 of the September 2007 Turning Wheels to get an idea of how pretty Matthew's subject PH was when new.

Sad indeed to see its fate...but worse things have happened; at least it wasn't crushed before being parted. BP

Leave a comment:

• Studebaker Wheel
    replied
    For what it is worth the serial on this car was 58-LS 1104, it was assembled in Nov. 1957 with engine #LS5326 and was one of only two Packard Hawks finished in Jewel Beige and Shadowtone Red Metallic. Probably a pretty stunning car when new!

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    As far as the front clip fitting my wagon, there is a 58 Packard wagon not too far from home. But it's at least as rough as this Packard Hawk, maybe worse.
    Mike, reply sent.

Leave a comment:

• hausdok
    replied
    Hi Matt,

PM sent.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    The 4 fenders, doors, and trunk lid are all garbage. None of the glass is usable except maybe the 2 quarter windows. And I think you can still get those NOS.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Originally posted by 1962larksedan View Post
    That front bumper as well as some of the glass look useable
    Front bumper, yes.
    Windshield is busted. Backlight maybe but, new is available. All other glass is flat and cheaply replaceable anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    That will look right at home at George's place...Almost a homecoming

Leave a comment:

• 1962larksedan
    replied
    That front bumper as well as some of the glass look useable in addition to the rest of the trim (and maybe the rear fenders).

Leave a comment:

• (S)
    replied
    Looks fun Matt. Did you need any tools, or did you just pull firmly??

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    This car is rough. Beyond rough. It's spent the past 20 years in the Alabama mud, deep in the woods. Prior to that it was in a junk yard, and likely because of that, there is no serial number tag.

Usable parts consist of a very rough hood, some beat up stainless, the fake spare tire overlay, and a small box of a few small parts. Inside the car I found some engine parts, a few rods, bearings, a water manifold, supercharger pulley and mount with tensioner. Other than that.. None of the sheetmetal is worth saving or anything else. No guages in the dash, etc. The body is shot as is the frame.

I found a twisted, broken half of a rod. I assume that and being hit in the front fender is what led to the car being put in the junk yard.

For what it's worth, the body number is 105.

Last edited by mbstude; 01-27-2012, 05:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• warrlaw1
    replied
    If the speedo head will fit my 55, I'm interested, Matt. Good luck with it!

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    That Hawk is restorable. I remember being involved in the restoration of a 1955 Speedster that was much worse and became a show car. I do believe that it is worth more in parts (like an Avanti that needs a lot). I can remember those front bumper ends as being very rare and expensive in the early 1970s. Of course, anything, like that, that is Packard Hawk specific should be saved.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by jlmccuan View Post
    Will that front end fit your wagon?
    No, it will not (necessary extra words).

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
    Lazarus? Maybe. But I'm thinking more of Ezekiel's story of "The valley of the Dry Bones".
    I dunno, Neil. I, too, am anxiously anticipating the Second Coming, so if Matthew speaks over those dry bones and it arises and he drives it away, please post the occurance immediately! <GGG> BP

Leave a comment:

Working...
X