X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobPalma
    replied
    Excellent, Skip. Thanks.

The move to a rehab hospital facility is promising.

I'll send a card today as I have the current roster.

I would agree that we should not publish his addy here, but if anyone doesn't have a roster and would PM me through the forum, here, I'll send his address along. BP

Leave a comment:

• Skip Lackie
    replied
    Here’s an update on Dan Webber’s car accident. All the damage was to his left side. He had two operations last week to repair broken bones in his left foot and hip. No more surgery planned at this time. He has been moved to a rehab facility, which is good news – but he’s still obviously in a lot of pain. Talking to him at any length is difficult as he is heavily medicated and tires very easily. Long-term prognosis for regaining full mobility is still uncertain. He’s very unhappy at the prospect of missing the York meet.

Although he is allowed visitors, he really isn’t enthusiastic about seeing anyone right now. Best bet for expressing concern would be a card to his home address, which is listed in the roster.
    Last edited by Skip Lackie; 02-02-2012, 03:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Bump. Any update on Dan, Skip? Thanks. BP

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    Thats terrible news....hope Dan has a full and speedy recovery

Leave a comment:

• Stu Chapman
    replied
    Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
    Dan Webber of Maryland was seriously hurt in a car accident last Thursday when a truck came across the double line and hit him head on. He is recovering, but has multiple fractures to foot, knee, hip, arm, and ribs. He has had one surgery and faces a couple more to repair damage. Dan does not post here, but many have met him at York, Reedsville, and South Bend. He has long sold Stude parts, literature, and Snap-On tools, and often wears a grubby hat. He was an officer in the SDC Potomac Chapter for many years and was personally responsible for saving tens of thousands of dollars worth of parts by buying out the parts inventory of all the Stude dealers in the Washington area in the 1960s and early 70s. He sold most of his parts to Bob Munter a couple of years ago.

He will be transferred to a rehab facility when his recovery allows it, but will be facing months or recovery time. He was not driving a Studebaker at the time of the accident.
    Sorry to hear of Dan's accident. Please pass on my best wishes to him Skip.
    Stu Chapman

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Doggone it, sorry to hear of this. Dan is a great guy and prayers go out for his recovery. BP

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
    Dan Webber of Maryland was seriously hurt in a car accident last Thursday when a truck came across the double line and hit him head on. He is recovering, but has multiple fractures to foot, knee, hip, arm, and ribs. He has had one surgery and faces a couple more to repair damage. Dan does not post here, but many have met him at York, Reedsville, and South Bend. He has long sold Stude parts, literature, and Snap-On tools, and often wears a grubby hat. He was an officer in the SDC Potomac Chapter for many years and was personally responsible for saving tens of thousands of dollars worth of parts by buying out the parts inventory of all the Stude dealers in the Washington area in the 1960s and early 70s. He sold most of his parts to Bob Munter a couple of years ago.

He will be transferred to a rehab facility when his recovery allows it, but will be facing months or recovery time. He was not driving a Studebaker at the time of the accident.
    Dan was the guy that got me into SDC about 40 years ago. He invited me to my first chapter meeting and nominated me for president. (At the time, I thought that was some kind of honor) He, me, Paul Johnson, you and more than a few others go that far back. I guess you could blame Dan for my reintroduction to the hobby and for much of the joy the hobby has given me. My hopes for a speedy recovery to a great guy and a close friend.

Leave a comment:

• 1962larksedan
    replied
    May Dan fully recover.

Leave a comment:

• Skip Lackie
    started a topic Dan Webber hurt in car accident

Dan Webber hurt in car accident

Working...
X