No announcement yet.

Yet another Packard Hawk on the market!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another Packard Hawk on the market!

'Just searched back to mid-June on the forum and saw no mention of this car...so if it's been discussed here previously, I apologize for the repeat post.

This advertisement appears in the January / February 2012 edition of Antique Automobile that arrived in today's mail. (It is the official publication of The Antique Automobile Club of America):

'Kinda cool, being the next-to-the-last one.

Does anyone know if the last one is extant? BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Yes Bob, I think I saw this one on e-bay a while back. I remember that late production number. It probably didn't sell. (or could it be on the market again?)

Comment

Yes, I also checked all the e-bay Completed Listings and didn't see the above car among them. (I'm not sure how far back Completed Listings go.)

This one was among the old e-bay Completed Listings, but it's obviously not the same car:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1958-...item1e6a0ff5f2

Interesting! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hi,

If it's the one I'm thinking of - and that one was #587 - that car was for sale about 2-1/2 months ago for $52,400 in Dutchess County, NY - Wappingers, I believe. Either it was sold and the current owner is trying to flip it at a profit or the previous guy still has it and raised his price. Wait, strike that; the one for sale for $52,400 was the one in Ft. Lauderdale. I think this one was around $44K back then.
        Last edited by hausdok; 01-25-2012, 08:51 PM.
        Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
        Kenmore, Washington
        hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
        '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
        '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
        '69 Pontiac Firebird
        (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Originally posted by hausdok View Post
          Hi,

If it's the one I'm thinking of - and that one was #587 - that car was for sale about 2-1/2 months ago for $52,400 in Dutchess County, NY - Wappingers, I believe. Either it was sold and the current owner is trying to flip it at a profit or the previous guy still has it and raised his price. Wait, strike that; the one for sale for $52,400 was the one in Ft. Lauderdale. I think this one was around $44K back then.
          I don't know of, or remember, any Packard Hawk for sale or otherwise in "Wappingers". I reside in the Town of Wappinger and am about four miles from the Village of Wappingers Falls. There is no place named Wappingers, so I do not know which one you are referring to. In any event, I would like to learn more and visit the Hawk, especially if it is still for sale.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Anyone got a three month old copy of Hemmings? I'm pretty sure it was in Hemmings without a photo.
            Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
            Kenmore, Washington
            hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
            '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
            '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
            '69 Pontiac Firebird
            (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Working...
            X