York Swap Meet March 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• York Swap Meet March 2012

I cant wait till the York Swap Meet coming up in March 2012. Looking very much forward to it. Vendors, please bring all the parts you can bring. The more parts and cars to look at the better. Some years in the past attendance seemed to drop off. Hopefully this year will be bigger than ever.

Vendors don't bring parts to look at.
    You be sure to bring some money!
    And a great time will be had by all!
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

At the swap meet you will find the parts you really need; not the Ebay bling. Arrive with your list of needs and support the vendors.

Always a good time to be had. There is no experience in the car hobby to compare to the live swap meet.
      We've added some activities to interest the attendees.

Valve cover racetrack will be onsite.
      http://sdckeystoneregion.com/pdf/swa...%20WEBSITE.pdf

Longtime SDC founding members Bob and Edna Maul have donated their entire collection of parts, memorabilia and literature for the auction which may take two evenings to complete.

Some "How To" seminars are planned.
      http://sdckeystoneregion.com/pdf/swa...20SEMINARS.pdf

For the women and children.
      http://sdckeystoneregion.com/pdf/swa...%20VENDORS.pdf
      In addition to the concurrent Fairground shows:
      http://www.pagardenshowofyork.com/

Evening social activities, including Truck Farmers and live entertainment with Baffling Bill Bowersox' Magic and Music.
      http://sdckeystoneregion.com/pdf/swa...ACTIVITESL.pdf

"Studebaker only" parking and/or indoor display.
      http://sdckeystoneregion.com/pdf/swa...2011-21-11.pdf

The Longest Running Studebaker Only Swap Meet in the World; and, it's all here.
      http://www.sdckeystoneregion.com/
      Last edited by rockne10; 01-24-2012, 08:38 PM.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I'll be there with a truckload of parts and shiny stainless. I've even been talked into doing a stainless repair demonstration. I'll take a beat up piece of trim and show everyone my secrets of how to make it perfect again.

And yes, bring money! This is going to be an expensive trip for me.

Comment

I attended the York meet a few years ago, and, surprisingly, my wife seems to be favorable to going this year. I don't , however, have the tine nor stamina to drive, so it will probably be fly into Philadelphia and rent a car. Does anybody know about accomodations availability at the host hotel, or have recommendations? I can look up availability and prices, I just like to have information from people with experience at any lodging places. Matthew, I hope you sell all of your stuff so you might have room to bring back anything I might find.

Comment

Stan, Harrisburg is much closer to York if you fly in; less airport hassle too. Delta flies nonstop from ATL and US Airways connects through Charlotte. It's less than a 30 minute drive from Harrisburg to York. I did it for years, might even go this year for the first time in ages.

Russ Farris
            1963 GT Hawk R-2 4-speed
            1964 Avanti R-1 Auto

Comment

Don't forget to look at Baltimore (BWI) if you are flying in. Flight selection is generally much better than Harrisburg. It's about an hour drive from BWI to York.
              Jim Bradley
              Lake Monticello, VA
              '78 Avanti II
              sigpic

Comment

I'll be there looking for some nice black seats for my 64 GT.

Comment

The auction sounds very interesting. Nothing against the Mauls, but they were NOT "SDC founding members." Perhaps they were founding members of the Keystone Region that later became chartered as the Keysone Region Chapter, SDC.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Hasn't been a bad winter but still hard to believe York will be over in ten days. If it has crept up on you and you can't get it together, the next major Stude swap will be in South Bend in May 3, 4-5.

Can't stress enough; the International Meets are sublime but, there is no more intense, satisfying or gratifying a Studebaker experience than a major swap meet.
                    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                      Hasn't been a bad winter but still hard to believe York will be over in ten days. If it has crept up on you and you can't get it together, the next major Stude swap will be in South Bend in May 3, 4-5.

Can't stress enough; the International Meets are sublime but, there is no more intense, satisfying or gratifying a Studebaker experience than a major swap meet.
                      It'll be close, but I think I'll make it with everything I plan to take. Four 50 gallon plastic tubs crammed full of NOS parts, and then some. All that's left is to restore 5 sets of Hawk wheel well mouldings. Hopefully they'll sell! <G>

I'm excited. Really looking forward to my first trip to York.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                        It'll be close, but I think I'll make it with everything I plan to take. Four 50 gallon plastic tubs crammed full of NOS parts, and then some. All that's left is to restore 5 sets of Hawk wheel well mouldings. Hopefully they'll sell! <G>

I'm excited. Really looking forward to my first trip to York.
                        You might sell one set Matt, looking forward to talking to you about those!

Allen
                        1964 GT Hawk
                        PSMCDR 2014
                        Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                        PSMCDR 2013
                        Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Forum group photo?
                          We've done this in the past, to some success.
                          Forum members who are vending have a hard time leaving their tables for a photo op of questionable value.

Should we try for a group shot in front of, or surrounding, the Raffle Speedster at 11:00 Saturday or just not bother?

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.

Comment

Originally posted by studebaker-R2-4-me View Post
                            You might sell one set Matt, looking forward to talking to you about those!

Allen
                            Bring your old ones.. I give a credit for cores.

For anyone that cares.. I'll have spots 123-125 inside Old Main.

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                              Vendors don't bring parts to look at.
                              You be sure to bring some money!
                              And a great time will be had by all!
                              In street parlance, WORD!
                              Vendors don't travel great distances at great expense to have us fawn over their offerings.
                              They bring items and provide services we would not otherwise find on the internet.
                              When you arrive, have a clear idea of what you need; and a determined attitude to take it home.

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.

Comment

Working...
                              X