X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
    With the nice warm for this time of year temps in the NE the Stude has been hitting the highways and byways.............the feeling of getting thumbs up from folks is reason enough to keep truckin with Studebaker.
    From neither your Forum profile nor my SDC Roster did I learn where you reside. Where in the "NE" are you?

Leave a comment:

• Hawklover
    replied
    With the nice warm for this time of year temps in the NE the Stude has been hitting the highways and byways.............the feeling of getting thumbs up from folks is reason enough to keep truckin with Studebaker.

Leave a comment:

• 1962larksedan
    replied
    Originally posted by sbca96 View Post
    A few years ago we had a hugely active gathering every Friday night at 8:30 (now 8 pm) in the parking
    lot of the Santa Barbara In N Out Burger (Turnpike offramp). I tried to get the Avanti there as much as
    I could (I live 55 miles from work mind you and In N Out is not far from work). In the last two years we
    have seen it drop from a filled parking lot the local Newspaper reported on and the following week we
    had Key3 news (ABC) do a live broadcast .... to just 4-5 of us. I see an older car/muscle car and I give
    them the heads up, they say "that sounds cool" and we never see them.

Tom
    One thing I have noticed in the old car/truck hobby is since it's usually the 'blue collar' types who actually wrench on their vehicles; places like SoCal today vs. even 40 years are now way overpriced for most people hence many of them winding up here in Arizona to mention one big destination. Lake Havasu City is (at least till the economy died) a hot rod mecca due in no large part to many people actually being able to live there. And the same can be said about the Phx area as well as Bullhead City, etc.

We still have a huge show at the Scottsdale Pavilions every Saturday with everything from tuner cars to a Lincoln V12 powered 1930's Ford (very high quality) 'rat rod'.

Leave a comment:

• sbca96
    replied
    A few years ago we had a hugely active gathering every Friday night at 8:30 (now 8 pm) in the parking
    lot of the Santa Barbara In N Out Burger (Turnpike offramp). I tried to get the Avanti there as much as
    I could (I live 55 miles from work mind you and In N Out is not far from work). In the last two years we
    have seen it drop from a filled parking lot the local Newspaper reported on and the following week we
    had Key3 news (ABC) do a live broadcast .... to just 4-5 of us. I see an older car/muscle car and I give
    them the heads up, they say "that sounds cool" and we never see them.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• kmac530
    replied
    Sooooo, to get back on topic a bit...
    Anyone have membership numbers for 2008 when the "other" thread in question was started and what they are now?
    It would be nice to have both website member numbers and SDC club member numbers for both years.

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    Kelly, this is news to me... PM sent.

Leave a comment:

• kmac530
    replied
    I also have gotten RIPPED on for doing exactly this...writing a second post instead of editing and adding to the last post, but I HATE it when I have read someones post but then I notice later they have changed it instead of posting a new one. Especially if other have posted in between their changing the posting....Yet I have gotten "warned" for second posting.

Leave a comment:

• kmac530
    replied
    Clark after reading your link, I am confused why I have gotten hassled by some administrators for asking queestions THEY think are already answered in past threads. I feel they are not answered when I do a search, so I start a new thread and I get PMs not to start unneccesary threads.
    Which is it, start a new thread to ask more on an existing topic which adds to our storage space....or just add a simple question to an old topic since 90% of you question is answered already?

As much as I absolutely love this site and the folks here, the site seems to have alot of unneccesary rules that seem to only matter to admins. jmho

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    Jim, you're not being picked on.

Please read here for a thorough explanation of why that thread was closed.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    I'm very annoyed it got locked as well.

It takes away the incentive to search for a relative subject in a previous thread before starting a brand new one.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Welcome
    replied
    Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
    So did anyone else notice that "Welcome" brought up a dead thread just as reference to this thread?
    Kelly, it was a "LIVE" old thread for OVER 4 YEARS until it got "LOCKED" just about an hour ago with no explanation what-so-ever!!!

It now appears most everything I POST or NEW THREADS I start or get MOVED or LOCKEDOld Regime.

Anyway, this will likely be my last post (if it even remains viewable for a minute) so you Guys & Gals keep this Club moving FORWARD and always in an "open & honest" way! And remember, whenever someone new shows an interest in Studebakers, always give them a warm Welcome!!!

Leave a comment:

• kmac530
    replied
    So did anyone else notice that "Welcome" brought up a dead thread just as reference to this thread?

I would be VERY interested to find out what the member count was when that thread was started back in 2008 and what it is now in 2012????
    Anyone have that kind of info available?
    Are there more, or less club members?
    Are there more or less website members?
    What was the peak and when was the peak number of members for each?

Leave a comment:

• Jeff T.
    replied
    I usually get in on toward the end of these long threads

I have been a SDC member since 1979: I met a Husker chapter member in a local salvage yard after a clean up auction (I bough two larks) and he gave me an SDC membership form and decades later here I am

On international meets, I have only attended two: Omaha... the meet hotel was 45 minutes up I80 from my house and Cedar Rapids, we stayed with my sister in laws family. I doubt that I will attend many others because of the cost.

Jeff T.

Leave a comment:

• kmac530
    replied
    Now these have been some good ideas.
    I like the evening stuff and weekend stuff. I went to the PSW zone meet {I think PSW the san diego meet a couple of months back} and I got there eat like 8 am and the thing seemed like it was dead already and people were leaving by noonish. I guarantee most of the younger generation are not up and out before noon on a sat or sun morning. Make the car show and swap meet from noon to 10pm and you will get much more NON stude folks show up. LOTS of advertising before hand. Keep it more visible. That meet was great, but it was buried way in the back of a buried parking lot behind a hotel.
    I talked to a few people that "happened by" the show and they loved the cars, but it was few and far between. Little things can make a huge difference.
    I truely thing many kids are not interested in vintage cars...but not everyone throughout time has been interested in Studes even in their heyday. It will always be a limited number of folks into Studes. MANY younger folks ARE looking for a cool project car to build. Many may not even care what it is, they just want a PRE_SMOG car which in Cali is about 1973 or 74 right now. So many kids wanting a simple car to hot rod or build and our Studes are a great candidate for many. I have many young friends who love older and vintage cars and trucks who are just loving my truck. They are out there, we just need to get the kids to see them.

Leave a comment:

• Welcome
    replied
    Originally posted by (s) View Post
    try taking your tw to the parts store, doctor office etc, and tell them to give it away after a week or 2 of being looked at. If only 6,000 members did this, wow!
    A VERY good idea!!! Who has done this???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X