No announcement yet.

This does concern me..........we could use some "new blood"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm very annoyed it got locked as well.

It takes away the incentive to search for a relative subject in a previous thread before starting a brand new one.

Craig

Comment

• Jim, you're not being picked on.

Please read here for a thorough explanation of why that thread was closed.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

• Clark after reading your link, I am confused why I have gotten hassled by some administrators for asking queestions THEY think are already answered in past threads. I feel they are not answered when I do a search, so I start a new thread and I get PMs not to start unneccesary threads.
        Which is it, start a new thread to ask more on an existing topic which adds to our storage space....or just add a simple question to an old topic since 90% of you question is answered already?

As much as I absolutely love this site and the folks here, the site seems to have alot of unneccesary rules that seem to only matter to admins. jmho

Comment

• I also have gotten RIPPED on for doing exactly this...writing a second post instead of editing and adding to the last post, but I HATE it when I have read someones post but then I notice later they have changed it instead of posting a new one. Especially if other have posted in between their changing the posting....Yet I have gotten "warned" for second posting.

Comment

• Kelly, this is news to me... PM sent.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

• Sooooo, to get back on topic a bit...
              Anyone have membership numbers for 2008 when the "other" thread in question was started and what they are now?
              It would be nice to have both website member numbers and SDC club member numbers for both years.

Comment

• A few years ago we had a hugely active gathering every Friday night at 8:30 (now 8 pm) in the parking
                lot of the Santa Barbara In N Out Burger (Turnpike offramp). I tried to get the Avanti there as much as
                I could (I live 55 miles from work mind you and In N Out is not far from work). In the last two years we
                have seen it drop from a filled parking lot the local Newspaper reported on and the following week we
                had Key3 news (ABC) do a live broadcast .... to just 4-5 of us. I see an older car/muscle car and I give
                them the heads up, they say "that sounds cool" and we never see them.

Tom
                '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

• Originally posted by sbca96 View Post
                  A few years ago we had a hugely active gathering every Friday night at 8:30 (now 8 pm) in the parking
                  lot of the Santa Barbara In N Out Burger (Turnpike offramp). I tried to get the Avanti there as much as
                  I could (I live 55 miles from work mind you and In N Out is not far from work). In the last two years we
                  have seen it drop from a filled parking lot the local Newspaper reported on and the following week we
                  had Key3 news (ABC) do a live broadcast .... to just 4-5 of us. I see an older car/muscle car and I give
                  them the heads up, they say "that sounds cool" and we never see them.

Tom
                  One thing I have noticed in the old car/truck hobby is since it's usually the 'blue collar' types who actually wrench on their vehicles; places like SoCal today vs. even 40 years are now way overpriced for most people hence many of them winding up here in Arizona to mention one big destination. Lake Havasu City is (at least till the economy died) a hot rod mecca due in no large part to many people actually being able to live there. And the same can be said about the Phx area as well as Bullhead City, etc.

We still have a huge show at the Scottsdale Pavilions every Saturday with everything from tuner cars to a Lincoln V12 powered 1930's Ford (very high quality) 'rat rod'.
                  --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

• With the nice warm for this time of year temps in the NE the Stude has been hitting the highways and byways.............the feeling of getting thumbs up from folks is reason enough to keep truckin with Studebaker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
                      With the nice warm for this time of year temps in the NE the Stude has been hitting the highways and byways.............the feeling of getting thumbs up from folks is reason enough to keep truckin with Studebaker.
                      From neither your Forum profile nor my SDC Roster did I learn where you reside. Where in the "NE" are you?
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                      X