Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pckstude
    replied
    I've had several brand x hearses over the years. When I drove a hearse on a club tour, I was always the last in line because I was the "support" vehicle. That was a funny for most of the members in our club are 70+ yrs. Gotta have a sense of humor!

Leave a comment:

• altair
    replied
    Here is an 1918 hearse for Click image for larger version

Name:	d70ff6bb-0730-42d8-b05c-719e3927680a-A17648.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	1716279comparison

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    rtq11 at AOL dotcom

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by kclark View Post
    What is Richard's email or how do I send it to him?
    Contact him through a message on this SDC Forum. If you look earlier in this thread/topic you will see posts by him. You can get the contact information there.
    I also directly sent him an e-mail suggesting that he look at this topic/thread. He will probably do that depending on his schedule.

Leave a comment:

• kclark
    replied
    What is Richard's email or how do I send it to him?

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    What should the VIN start with? or is the serial different from the VIN?
    There were no VINs in that time period. What is now used for a VIN, like for registration/title, of older vehicles is either the Serial Number or sometimes (in some states) the engine number was used.
    I am not that knowledgeable on prewar vehicles. The Serial Number may be on a plate on the frame, probably in the area of the left front wheel. I think that 1929 may too early for it to be on a plate in the doorjamb.
    What number is on your title/registration? Send that to Richard Quinn. He will be able to decipher what it is.

Leave a comment:

• kclark
    replied
    Originally posted by studegary View Post
    This looks a lot like McHouls, as I remember it (haven't seen it in years).
    Submit your hearse's Serial Number to Richard Quinn. He could tell you if it is the same model, chassis or something else.

What should the VIN start with? or is the serial different from the VIN?

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    I'll have to look up the funeral home and see what pictures they have. The one I bought is a '29.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66782[/ATTACH]
    This looks a lot like McHouls, as I remember it (haven't seen it in years).
    Submit your hearse's Serial Number to Richard Quinn. He could tell you if it is the same model, chassis or something else.

Leave a comment:

• Sdude
    replied
    I think every SDC zone should have a hearse available for funerals of members in that zone that pass away. I would think it wouldn't be that hard to find someone in each zone that has the ability to store it.

Leave a comment:

• kclark
    replied
    It is McHoul Funeral Home in Hopewell Junction, NY and McHoul of Fishkill in Fishkill, NY - same family (related companies) - share the hearse.

Richard Quinn and I corresponded about this 1929 hearse. I forwarded information from the funeral homes to him, including pictures and Serial Number. It is built on a commercial chassis (IIRC). Richard only knew of one other chassis of this type and it was in South America (again, IIRC).

Cathy and I both have preplanned and prepaid funerals that specify use of this hearse.
    I'll have to look up the funeral home and see what pictures they have. The one I bought is a '29.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5143.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	1716263

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    I know this was from a few years ago, but do you know who the funeral home is? I'd love to see some pictures.

I just bought a 1929 Studebaker hearse from Indiana.
    It is McHoul Funeral Home in Hopewell Junction, NY and McHoul of Fishkill in Fishkill, NY - same family (related companies) - share the hearse.

Richard Quinn and I corresponded about this 1929 hearse. I forwarded information from the funeral homes to him, including pictures and Serial Number. It is built on a commercial chassis (IIRC). Richard only knew of one other chassis of this type and it was in South America (again, IIRC).

Cathy and I both have preplanned and prepaid funerals that specify use of this hearse.

Leave a comment:

• kmul221
    replied
    A friend & l once owned a 39 President hearse,body by Bender.It was located in Dunnvillle Ont. & once was owned by a funeral home in London Ont.We restored it & sold it to a proffesional car club in Kentucky.l have a photo if I could figure out how to post.lost track of the car years ago.Would love to know if it still exists.

Leave a comment:

• kclark
    replied
    There is a 1929 Studebaker hearse that is still in use, on request, by a local funeral home.
    I know this was from a few years ago, but do you know who the funeral home is? I'd love to see some pictures.

I just bought a 1929 Studebaker hearse from Indiana.

Leave a comment:

• Studebaker Wheel
    replied
    As I mentioned you must join the ASC to have access to people who deal with these cars and parts. They have a roster which contains all members and their vehicles. All are 1946 and earlier.

Leave a comment:

• GhostandTourCo
    replied
    Mr. Quinn, Thank you very much for posting that beautiful photo! That really gives us a high mark to shoot for! Does anyone know any good suppliers for engine parts for these Big Six vehicles? Looks like we may be in the market for a starter, generator, plugs, wires, wiring harness, carb re-build kit, etc. Also is there any way we can get in contact with Mr. Kayser? If he restored the amazing coach in the photo, I'm sure he would be a wealth of information on this project.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X