Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May I please get a little help here with info about a 3/4 ton 1953 Stude Truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I checked the '49-'56 Truck Parts Catalog, and says that a 1 Ton R15 could have EITHER a 121 in. W/B or a 131 with a 9 ft. Bed.

It is weird that the 8 Ft. Long Bed 1/2 and 3/4 Tons have 122 in. W/B, but the 1 Tons are only 121.

This Truck does not look that long in the poor Pics, but maybe it is!
    Last edited by StudeRich; 01-21-2012, 07:25 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

It is the same bed, I think, though Rich. From some past research I have done I think the main difference is in a shorter rear leaf spring and that may be why the total WB is shorter a bit. Is the 9 ft bed a regular bed or is that not the stake bed on the 131" w/9ft bed?

Jack,
      The 1 ton 2R15 is definately a 5 lug, still cant find the circle dimension, and it has 1.75" splines on a 5.83:1 gear ratio....plenty strong and HD enfore for some pretty reasonable street rod HP. I am running that same Timken split center rear on my 2R10 but with the shallower back set 6x7.25 wheels and 5.57:1 ratio diff.

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
        We clarified that this is a 1 ton not a 3/4 ton. The big 5 lug wheels and the R15 in the serial number= 1 ton. Irrelevant if you are passing on it.
        Yes you did and you were thanked appropriately. What I was saying, that you totally confused and misconstrued, is that I originally thought it was a pretty nice low mileage 3/4ton truck for the $$$. After all the info I received, especially about it being confirmed as a 1 ton vehicle with a non-synchronized 4-speed that wouldn't exceed 45 mph, my interest was eliminated. But I did provide the link to it if anyone else is interested.
        edp/NC
        \'63 Avanti
        \'66 Commander

Comment

Dear Ed,
          I am sorry if I sounded snippy with my reply, that was not what I intended. After re-reading your post I see where you were clear on the topic and I unneccesarily re-emphasized it. Honestly just trying to help and not trying to sound haughty.

Comment

No problem. As I said, thank you and everyone else for all the important info. Else, I might've bought a big under-powered truck
            edp/NC
            \'63 Avanti
            \'66 Commander

Comment

Working...
            X