Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Barrett-Jackson

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2012 Barrett-Jackson

    Some good press...
    Studebaker pickup as the leader!

    http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2012/01...t-jackson.html
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

    Jeff


    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain



    Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

  • #2
    Agree with the good press for Studebaker but that self aggrandizing POS auction is rapidly becoming unwatchable. Luckily Velocity Channel continues to carry the Mecum Auctions.

    Bob

    Comment


    • #3
      Studebakers abound in Scottsdale. There are/were 8 of them on the dockets.
      Live your dreams!

      Comment


      • #4
        The Golden Hawk and the Speedster are real nice looking cars. I'll be intrested in hearing what the Golden Hawk goes for compared to the one driver quality car that did 99K last year.
        Originally posted by hi-peral View Post
        Studebakers abound in Scottsdale. There are/were 8 of them on the dockets.

        Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
        53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
        57 SH (project)
        60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

        Comment


        • #5
          This Golden Hawk looks to me to be a much better car than the one last year so we will see. It was parked inside the big tent with all the top quality stuff. It was in a roped off area so could not be assessed properly.

          Originally posted by rusty nut garage View Post
          The Golden Hawk and the Speedster are real nice looking cars. I'll be intrested in hearing what the Golden Hawk goes for compared to the one driver quality car that did 99K last year.
          Frank van Doorn
          Omaha, Ne.
          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
            Agree with the good press for Studebaker but that self aggrandizing POS auction is rapidly becoming unwatchable. Bob
            They do lay it on a bit thick...I surprised Jackson hasn't detached his shoulder from patting himself on the back so often.
            I'd love to read/hear the true stories about that outfit especially since a friend's bad experience in 2003. He'll never go back.
            A friend in the business told me one piece of fun vile gossip obout the event that I can't repeat here.
            Last edited by JBOYLE; 01-20-2012, 07:23 AM.
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

            Washington State

            Comment


            • #7
              I get free tickets every year for mid week attendance. My brother and I take my Dad now 82. We l walk the tents and make it a car show. Don't have the funds to bid at BJ and if I did I wouldn't. Its a bunch of hype for the most part but a nice way to spend a day with Dad and look at 1300 plus cars. Some of the same ones last year :-). Probably more buyers remorse happens at the end of that auction then any other but maybe I'm wrong.

              Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
              They do lay it on a bit thick...I surprised Jackson hasn't detached his shoulder from patting himself on the back so often.
              I'd love to read/hear the true stories about that outfit especially since a friend's bad experience in 2003. He'll never go back.
              A friend in the business told me one piece of vile gossip out the event that I can't repeat here.

              Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
              53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
              57 SH (project)
              60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rusty nut garage View Post
                I get free tickets every year for mid week attendance. My brother and I take my Dad now 82. We l walk the tents and make it a car show.

                Don't get me wrong, it's a great experience and car show...if you can afford it, get the VIP or Bidders pass, you get to go behind the ropes, up on stage, good parking and free drinks.
                I just don't like the hype and I'm really not sure how much I'd trust them.
                My brother lives in Phoenix, I'd like to take him but I don't know if he could walk that much with a bad hip following a sports car wreck 20 years ago. I don't think he's like one of those zippy "free government " scooters.
                Last edited by JBOYLE; 01-20-2012, 07:26 AM.
                63 Avanti R1 2788
                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                (George Barris replica)

                Washington State

                Comment


                • #9
                  A B-J bidders pass nowadays will cost you $500.00
                  Frank van Doorn
                  Omaha, Ne.
                  1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                  1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                  1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hi,

                    Well, they sure hyped one. They've got a lemon-lime speedster in the vaunted 5000 lot (#25 of 30) that will be auctioned tomorrow evening. It's supposed to have been restored in Scottsdale, but when you compare the engine compartment photos of the Barrett-Jackson car to the one being raffled off in York, you'll see some things that will have you scratching your head and wondering why it's a Lot 5000 car.

                    See any inconsistencies?

                    Click here for the raffle car.

                    Click here for the Barrett-Jackson car.
                    Last edited by hausdok; 01-20-2012, 08:44 PM.
                    Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                    Kenmore, Washington
                    hausdok@msn.com

                    '58 Packard Hawk
                    '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                    '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                    '69 Pontiac Firebird
                    (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Got my cable changed this afternoon so I could watch the Barrett Jackson tonight.
                      Mustang Mustang Mustang...................where are the Studebakers???
                      Guess I will be most excited tomorrow over just three cars. #1 1933 Pierce Arrow. #2 1948 Tucker and #3 1948 Bentley
                      I think these are the three horses to watch in this years race.
                      Good Roads
                      Brian
                      Brian Woods
                      woodysrods@shaw.ca
                      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by hausdok View Post
                        Hi,

                        Well, they sure hyped one. They've got a lemon-lime speedster in the vaunted 5000 lot (#25 of 30) that will be auctioned tomorrow evening. It's supposed to have been restored in Scottsdale, but when you compare the engine compartment photos of the Barrett-Jackson car to the one being raffled off in York, you'll see some things that will have you scratching your head and wondering why it's a Lot 5000 car.

                        See any inconsistencies?

                        Click here for the raffle car.

                        Click here for the Barrett-Jackson car.
                        I don't know about "inconsistencies" because I only looked at the B-J picture. On a quick look, I did note ten incorrect items in the engine compartment of the B-J Speedster.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

                        SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          1957 Hawk just sold for $135,000

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Looks like my predicted horses finished 1-2-3 and if the truth be known. I also picked # 4 just didn't add it to my trifector last night.
                            Watching the B-J is as exciting as the Super Bowl for me.
                            I was actually leaving my seat and cheering after each of my picks hiot the mark.
                            You have got to Love Great Cars.
                            Sorry I missed the Studebaker for $135,000.00 but my son arrived and I had to go out in the cold to fix his headlights??????
                            Family before Auction!
                            Good Roads
                            Brian
                            PS
                            Next year I plan to be there in person!
                            Brian Woods
                            woodysrods@shaw.ca
                            1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Sure would be nice if they were to get some commentators who knew what they were talking about. One of them said very authorativly that the 57 hawk was built on a body introduced in '51. Also refered to it as a compact sporty car. Guess a 120.5" wheelbase isn't long enough.
                              Bob
                              Own \'53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/Bobphyl/StudeontheBeach.jpg

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X