Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, is this a Studebaker or not??

I keep going back and forth

If it is I'll add it to my picture thread.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truthŚlet me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Bob,

I magnified picture and it has a Studebaker name plate and grill inserted into what obviously is not a flush fit. I believe it to be 53~54 vintage Chevy Suburban that has had the Studebaker grill inserted onto it.
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

That is definatly a studebaker front clip, cab, doors, and rear fenders, not sure about rear top sFection, if Stude built or not looks cool though I'd like to have it. it's obviously foreign maybe custom built out of the south America plant?
      John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

The hood, bumper, windshield, front and rear fenders and door look like Studebaker 2R to me, after comparing this photo to one of a 2R5 which i used to own.
        Bill Jarvis

Comment

Dick Quinn will hopefully see this and post, in that he is aware of Studebaker "Suburban-type" vehicles like this having been built. In fact, he's written articles on the topic that have appeared in his Turning Wheels Almanac column.

I'm not sure if they had all-steel bodies, though.

Dick? BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I believe that is a very good job of a rear window and top grafted on from another vehicle, A side profile would make it easier to see. The windows are square and dont match the stude lines and maybe you can see the the graft joint at the rear of the cab above the door. Looks like a nice rig, Allen

Comment

5 lug wheels too; 1/2 Ton Chevy trucks back then were 6 luggers.
              --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

A side view would be nice, but I am going with the idea that it is a foreign built body made for that chassis. Lots of unique bodies have been attached to Studebakers in other countries.
                sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

I belive there were some wooden station wagons on the truck chassis in Europe and maybe this is an of shute of that ? It seems there was an article on the wagons in the TW some time back.
                  Klif
                  55 Speedster/Street Machine
                  63 Avanti R2
                  64 Convertible R1

Comment

I wish it was in my yard.!
                    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

There were lots of companies back then that specialized in turning trucks into wagons. I bet this is one of those jobs.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                        Indeed it is a Studebaker! The bumper, fenders (front and rear), hood, cowl, windshield and doors are all Studebaker. It appears that an entire roof section was laid over top of the truck cab and the wagon body that was grafted to it. My guess is that it would be about a 1949 Chevrolet Suburban body something like this. The International Harvester wagons of that period tucked in and were not smooth below the windows and it obviously is not Crosley or Willys.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ´┐Ż´┐Ż´┐Ż

´┐ŻMiddle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.´┐Ż E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ´┐Ż´┐Ż´┐Ż

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

What does the license plate say, how about the building signs ?
                          I,ve seen Turning Wheel articles about foriegn companies building special bodies.
                          Don,t remember what issues.
                          South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

A Stuburban. I can dig it....
                            Jon Stalnaker
                            Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I noticed that when I put my thumb over the wagon section it clearly becomes a Studebaker truck. Would be interesting to know more about it/these.
                              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truthŚlet me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                              Romans 15:13
                              Deuteronomy 31:6
                              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
                              X