CASO 'Lark' emblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CASO 'Lark' emblem

One of my best eBay laughs in a long time! Somebody's trying to sell this broken Buick Skylark emblem as a Studebaker Lark emblem<GG>

Photo Credit: eBay

Last edited by Bob Andrews; 01-19-2012, 08:45 PM. Reason: added photo credit
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Of course, I was right on. Amazingly, Google had a picture, says it's a '72. I KNEW I recognized it:

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Some years ago, I was wandering thru a swap meet and stopped at one vendors tables of junque. When I picked this piece up, he asked: "You got a Studebaker?"
      Cost me a quarter to have it as a wall hangy thingy. I'm fairly certain it's from an electric scooter.
      Attached Files
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
        Some years ago, I was wandering thru a swap meet and stopped at one vendors tables of junque. When I picked this piece up, he asked: "You got a Studebaker?"
        Cost me a quarter to have it as a wall hangy thingy. I'm fairly certain it's from an electric scooter.
        LOL. I thought it said "Fark"...a frequent word substitute among my peers.
        Andy
        62 GT

Comment

Of course, I wrote the seller. He replied quickly, twice:

yes i was stupid it came from a relible source I will do more investagating. i did compair it with another. I will pull the auction on your knowage.

Then, seven minutes later, this:

you right the person was a dealer go figure.it is pulled. it was a honest erron.

I'll take his word that it was an honest error, but he must really have no experience with cars, to think an emblem would be designed with one pin at one end of it.
          Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Bob, good for you in letting the seller know about the emblem. Looking at his other auctions, it is obvious that he is just another poor schlub (like a lot of us these days) doing his best to find interesting things and make a buck selling them on eBay. I am sure he had rather have an accurate listing than the possible bad feedback from selling something wrongly described.

It is a lesson for all of us. I'm sure it did not take any more of your time to let him know of the error than it did to point it out to us on the forum. The fact that you took the time to let him know reflects well on you.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
              Maybe a scooter, but maybe from a Willys Aero. My library had no definitive, close-up pictures of Willys Aero-Lark emblems, but ....'could be!
              Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
              61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
              Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
              Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Originally posted by STEWDI View Post
                Maybe a scooter, but maybe from a Willys Aero. My library had no definitive, close-up pictures of Willys Aero-Lark emblems, but ....'could be!
                I showed that photo to a friend of mine who knows almost everything there is to know about Willys. (It's kinda creepy actually) He says it's most likely NOT from a Willys Aero-Lark. The Aero-Lark had a much more stream lined script. The Lark script pictured almost looks italian. It reminds me of the experimental script on the gold Avanti type Italian prototype in the SNM. I've never heard of a Vespa Lark, but I don't know anything about scooters either...
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by STEWDI View Post
                  Here's one that shows a Willys Lark emblem pretty clearly (Warning, very large photo):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...50s_Willys.JPG

And, Aero Lark:

Last edited by Bob Andrews; 01-19-2012, 08:43 PM.
                  Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Maybe an Evinrude Lark
                    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Originally posted by clonelark View Post
                      Maybe an Evinrude Lark
                      BINGO!

Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                      X