PSMD's in Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSMD's in Michigan

I received an e-mail from Dick Steinkamp that Ted Harbit won his bracket at the Pure Stock Muscle Drags in Michigan today. I have no details on times, but hopefully Bob Palma will post something shortly.

In Bob's own words, "Cool beans"!

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Dick posted a link to a video of Ted beating up on a Mopar guy today over on the SB meet page. Below is his report:

"Ted ran the Tomato today at Martin, Michigan. Quite a good Stude crowd there to cheer him on. More later on all three Studes in attendance, but for starters, here is Ted on one of his morning practice runs turning in a 13.44 at 108.

If you look up "hole shot" in the dictionary, this video would be there...

http://my.videoegg.com/video/dvtWeX

How'd you like to have to go home after this and tell the boys you lost to a stu-dee-baker?"

Notice that Ted's car is stock right down to the full wheel covers. Looks like the Mopar wheels were of inferior quality as this guy has lost both of his off the right side.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

Comment

Dick posted a link to a video of Ted beating up on a Mopar guy today over on the SB meet page. Below is his report:

"Ted ran the Tomato today at Martin, Michigan. Quite a good Stude crowd there to cheer him on. More later on all three Studes in attendance, but for starters, here is Ted on one of his morning practice runs turning in a 13.44 at 108.

If you look up "hole shot" in the dictionary, this video would be there...

http://my.videoegg.com/video/dvtWeX

How'd you like to have to go home after this and tell the boys you lost to a stu-dee-baker?"

Notice that Ted's car is stock right down to the full wheel covers. Looks like the Mopar wheels were of inferior quality as this guy has lost both of his off the right side.

Comment

[quote][i]Originally posted by Guido Looks like the Mopar wheels were of inferior quality as this guy has lost both of his off the right side.
        [/quote}

Ever occur to you maybe he took them off?

Chris Pile
        The Studebaker Special
        Midway Chapter SDC
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

[quote][i]Originally posted by Guido Looks like the Mopar wheels were of inferior quality as this guy has lost both of his off the right side.
          [/quote}

Ever occur to you maybe he took them off?

Chris Pile
          The Studebaker Special
          Midway Chapter SDC
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Adobe Flash 9 is the animation player that was known as Macromedia Flash until they were purchased by Adobe.

It's a free download from the Adobe website.

John Clements
            Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
            Lockleys South Australia
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Adobe Flash 9 is the animation player that was known as Macromedia Flash until they were purchased by Adobe.

It's a free download from the Adobe website.

John Clements
              Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
              Lockleys South Australia
              John Clements
              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

That sure was a nice little clip, I wanted to make it out there but I couldn't, just like the international. So bummed, ohh well hopefully the summer ends better that it has started.

62 Lark Hardtop, 289 v8 stude power.

Comment

That sure was a nice little clip, I wanted to make it out there but I couldn't, just like the international. So bummed, ohh well hopefully the summer ends better that it has started.

62 Lark Hardtop, 289 v8 stude power.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

I received an e-mail from Dick Steinkamp that Ted Harbit won his bracket at the Pure Stock Muscle Drags in Michigan today. I have no details on times, but hopefully Bob Palma will post something shortly.

'Got back to Ted's with The Tomato about 9:30 Saturday evening and dropped it off. 'Said a final "good-bye" to Ted and Mary Ann and was thankfully home here in Brownsburg by 11PM.

What a great week! 'Gotta hand it to guys like Dick Steinkamp and The Omaha NE and Atlanta GA folks, driving so far to attend! [:0][:0]Thanks for putting forth the effort, all; we Hoosiers hope you enjoyed a week of Hoosier Hospitality and Studebaker overload.

Ted's times at both Osceola Friday and Martin Saturday were a little disappointing [V] to him; 13-teens to 13.40s, more or less. He was hoping to get 13.10 or better, but not this weekend. 'Never could get the launch just right, he said; either too many revs and the tires broke loose or too few and he had a bog at launch to overcome. 'Usually can find a happy medium, but not Friday or Saturday. He said others had similar complaints on both strips, so he wasn't alone.

Fortunately, the far-away SDCers who made the trip to "Martin" Saturday were rewarded with Ted winning his shootout. []

His competitior was a 1968 (I think it was) 396 Nova SS. The competitor had a better reaction time than Ted, so Ted started out a little in the hole in the first run of the 2-out-of-3 shootout. I was at the deserted extreme end of the bleachers to take pictures fairly close to the finish line. By that time, the race is usually decided as Ted is normally ahead and pulling ahead further yet.

Not so the first race at Martin [:0]...it was too close to call! I was as much surprised as relieved when the "win" light came on in Ted's lane a split-second later. The timing slip said the winner's margin in that tight first race was .0059. That's right, Ted won by less than six thousandths of a second!

The second race was more decisive; Ted was a car length ahead and pulling further ahead as he passed my vantage point a hundred feet from the end, thus winning the second race and deciding the 2-out-of-3 shootout in the first two races.

Now here's the kind of vintage Ted Harbit inside info Stude fans appreciate:

Ted rode home with me Saturday afternoon and evening, pulling The Tomato on my car trailer. I commented about that first race, saying it was really hairy and so very close. I asked Ted where the Nova's front bumper was in relation to The Tomato at the finish line.

Ted replied, "Oh, about even with the front edge of my door."

I said, "Whew, that was close; 'way too close for comfort."

Ted winked and said, "Did you notice my terminal speed; it was 'only' 103?"

I put 2+2 together and my eyes gradually opened. I said, "You mean you weren't running flat-out, pedal-to-the-metal at the finish line!?"

Ted smiled his sly smile and said, "Well, I [u]did</u> go fast enough to beat him, didn't I?" [:0][:0][^]

The stuff legends are made of....

'Hope everyone on The Forum had a great week. Thanks for all those who contributed to Wednesday's lunch. BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

'Got back to Ted's with The Tomato about 9:30 Saturday evening and dropped it off. 'Said a final "good-bye" to Ted and Mary Ann and was thankfully home here in Brownsburg by 11PM.

What a great week! 'Gotta hand it to guys like Dick Steinkamp and The Omaha NE and Atlanta GA folks, driving so far to attend! [:0][:0]Thanks for putting forth the effort, all; we Hoosiers hope you enjoyed a week of Hoosier Hospitality and Studebaker overload.

Ted's times at both Osceola Friday and Martin Saturday were a little disappointing [V] to him; 13-teens to 13.40s, more or less. He was hoping to get 13.10 or better, but not this weekend. 'Never could get the launch just right, he said; either too many revs and the tires broke loose or too few and he had a bog at launch to overcome. 'Usually can find a happy medium, but not Friday or Saturday. He said others had similar complaints on both strips, so he wasn't alone.

Fortunately, the far-away SDCers who made the trip to "Martin" Saturday were rewarded with Ted winning his shootout. []

His competitior was a 1968 (I think it was) 396 Nova SS. The competitor had a better reaction time than Ted, so Ted started out a little in the hole in the first run of the 2-out-of-3 shootout. I was at the deserted extreme end of the bleachers to take pictures fairly close to the finish line. By that time, the race is usually decided as Ted is normally ahead and pulling ahead further yet.

Not so the first race at Martin [:0]...it was too close to call! I was as much surprised as relieved when the "win" light came on in Ted's lane a split-second later. The timing slip said the winner's margin in that tight first race was .0059. That's right, Ted won by less than six thousandths of a second!

The second race was more decisive; Ted was a car length ahead and pulling further ahead as he passed my vantage point a hundred feet from the end, thus winning the second race and deciding the 2-out-of-3 shootout in the first two races.

Now here's the kind of vintage Ted Harbit inside info Stude fans appreciate:

Ted rode home with me Saturday afternoon and evening, pulling The Tomato on my car trailer. I commented about that first race, saying it was really hairy and so very close. I asked Ted where the Nova's front bumper was in relation to The Tomato at the finish line.

Ted replied, "Oh, about even with the front edge of my door."

I said, "Whew, that was close; 'way too close for comfort."

Ted winked and said, "Did you notice my terminal speed; it was 'only' 103?"

I put 2+2 together and my eyes gradually opened. I said, "You mean you weren't running flat-out, pedal-to-the-metal at the finish line!?"

Ted smiled his sly smile and said, "Well, I [u]did</u> go fast enough to beat him, didn't I?" [:0][:0][^]

The stuff legends are made of....

'Hope everyone on The Forum had a great week. Thanks for all those who contributed to Wednesday's lunch. BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Ok, ok. Great job, Ted! But I need some details, guys. The video shows him beating a Mopar, but what engine in the Mopar? And the shootout was a 396 ci Chevy II? And Ted drives a STOCK R2.............right, or am I wrong. Please.......a few more details, or must I wait for the September (?) TW.

wagone and the Old R2 Avanti

Comment

Ok, ok. Great job, Ted! But I need some details, guys. The video shows him beating a Mopar, but what engine in the Mopar? And the shootout was a 396 ci Chevy II? And Ted drives a STOCK R2.............right, or am I wrong. Please.......a few more details, or must I wait for the September (?) TW.

wagone and the Old R2 Avanti

Comment

quote:Originally posted by wagone

The Plymouth Ted raced in the video was a '69 Plymouth Road Runner 440 6-Pak. In the Stock Class, all the cars are supposed to be stock without modifications (some cheat). Racing those cars are all about traction. Too much power and the tires just spin. It doesn't hurt to pull a hole shot. As for the 396 Nova, 396 engines had horsepower ratings from 325 to 375.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by wagone

The Plymouth Ted raced in the video was a '69 Plymouth Road Runner 440 6-Pak. In the Stock Class, all the cars are supposed to be stock without modifications (some cheat). Racing those cars are all about traction. Too much power and the tires just spin. It doesn't hurt to pull a hole shot. As for the 396 Nova, 396 engines had horsepower ratings from 325 to 375.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
                              X