cars becoming one with nature......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cars becoming one with nature......

Saw these on the way to my daughters the other week. Rumor has it nothing is for sale, I didnt walk around but from the porch while knocking on the door I snapped these 2 pics with my phone. I could see atleast 2 Golden Hawks, an Avanti, a 58 President(I think), and a wagonaire. There was also an early Barracuda, and a Fairlane GT. Im going to try and catch the guy home and atleast get permission to get a little closer and snap some more pics for my own enjoyment. Stay tuned......
    Attached Files

We are tuned! .....ok, so Im a car parts hoarder......and what is wrong with this??? I have been reorganizing my parts stash for two cars; my wife's comment: "You are a hoarder!" My son's comment: What is all this junk?" Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder!!!
    1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Looks like some good stainless trim....

I am always thinking that I should grab the Lat/Lon when I see a Stude...
      Did it a few times, but then I got lost
      Google Earth is that good...
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

What a shame!
        Brian
        Brian Woods
        woodysrods@shaw.ca
        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Guess I will never understand why someone is unwilling to sell something they don't seem to care about.....

Comment

That stuff just makes me sad. I see so many old cars just rotting away. Owners insist "I will restore it someday"....I ask "when?", they never have an answer. I ask "why aren't you doing it now?" They usually answer "I am retired and on a fixed income and can't afford it." I say "then when are you going to magically get the income to do the restoration and are you going to be physically able to do it at your age?"...the usual answer is "Uhhhhh, I don't know, I doubt it." I say "then sell it to me"..."it's not for sale" OR "I don't know, but If I did I wouldn't take less than XX,XXX k dollars for some broken down rust bucket that needs EVERYTHING restored....so unrealistic.
            But what do you do?

Comment

But what do you do?... just walk away and shake your head!!!!!!!!!
              1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

A guy in Poughkeepsie, NY bought up one of these caches from either NJ or eastern PA. He trailered them up and put them in a barn. I went to look at them. They were mostly desirable models, like; 1953 Starliner, 1955 Speedster, 1956 Golden/Sky Hawk. I didn't see any worth saving from the lot. The trip did end up with the guy buying the Chevrolet Impala two door that I went to look at the Studebakers in.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by FlatheadGeo View Post
                  But what do you do?... just walk away and shake your head!!!!!!!!!
                  Yep!
                  I do not have 5 figures for a car that needs another 5 figures and a year of full time work to restore and only end up with a car worth 4 figures, maybe low 5 figures. Some folks are a bit delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
                    That stuff just makes me sad. I see so many old cars just rotting away. Owners insist "I will restore it someday"....I ask "when?", they never have an answer. I ask "why aren't you doing it now?" They usually answer "I am retired and on a fixed income and can't afford it." I say "then when are you going to magically get the income to do the restoration and are you going to be physically able to do it at your age?"...the usual answer is "Uhhhhh, I don't know, I doubt it." I say "then sell it to me"..."it's not for sale" OR "I don't know, but If I did I wouldn't take less than XX,XXX k dollars for some broken down rust bucket that needs EVERYTHING restored....so unrealistic.
                    But what do you do?
                    Sad but completely true.

I can understand having stuff and planning/dreaming of what you'll do with it someday, oe even just because you like it around- I do that. What I CAN'T get is why one would not protect the stuff and just let it deteriorate. Sure, some get ill or something, but most just let the stuff rot for no reason. I just don't get it
                    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                    Romans 15:13
                    Deuteronomy 31:6
                    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

my grandparents had a big back yard, and let my uncles store their cars there, as well as a few of their own that broke down over the years. a 55 champion coupe, a 55 willys bermuda, a 55 kaiser manhatten 2 door, a 62 rambler american ragtop, a 41 champion 2 door sedan in a shed, a couple of henry j's , a 58 cadillac, and a 67 buick skylark convertible, as well as some other brands. i played in these growing up, and it is what got me into the Studebakers, and Henry J's , when all my high school buddies were into mustangs and chevelles. I got a couple out, but the kaiser, willys, and a fiat multipla, are all "gonna be restored someday. I haven't seen them in 15 years, since the property was sold and they were moved, but i know they are no better now than they were. my Henry J came out of there, and is at least on its way back, although i have been 25 years into building it, I am building it. I usually let my dreams go if i dont work on it for more than 2 years, because i know at that point i never will
                      they just keep following me home

Comment

Many people are afraid they are being taken advantage of. They know they can pick up the phone and call a junkyard and sell for more than what many people are willling to offer for their"gems".

Comment

Wow-----a '63 Supercharged Avanti sinking into the ground---or is the fender tag big enough to be a '64 model?

Comment

That's too bad when some people don't want to sell stuff like that. The other one I've seen a lot is the logic that "Studebaker's are orphan cars, therefor anything with a Studebaker logo on it must be worth a pile of money". Or that people are unaware of how much is still available, they think parts are super rare, and ask five times it's actual value.

I hope that somebody can salvage that Avanti.
                            Chris Dresbach

Comment

C'mon you guys...he can't help it sculpture gardens are expensive!
                              Andy
                              62 GT

Comment

Working...
                              X