Unterwegs im Falken (Hawk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unterwegs im Falken (Hawk)

2 days ago, I got my Hawk in Bremen (Germany).

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000613kl.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	1734585
    Everything ran incredibly, the car started immediately , I washed it, put some oil in the engine, some air in the tires and I drove the car 550 miles from Bremen to Munich.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kKc4...yer_detailpage

One stopover in Wiesbaden, where my brothers live.

You've got to drive it, my Audi drives themselve!

Everything is fine, as the seller told and I am very happy. My family is impressed by the car.

Walter

80 Fiat Spider
    63 Lark Regal 4 Dr. sold 2015
    60 Hawk sold 2017 in England
    56 Golden Hawk
    56 Corvette (John Cougar Mellencamp's C1)
    68 Volvo P1800S
    56 Jaguar XK 140 DHC

http://www.speak-to-doc.de/oldi/

I too am impressed. Beautiful car.
    Neil Thornton

Comment

That is a beautiful car. Do you have pictures of the exterior?

Comment

Congrats, Walter!
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Awesome!

I was stationed in Wiesbaden from 89-92 at the airbase. Great town! Made many trips to Munchen while I was there.

Now you need to add some horsepower and some gearing so you can run in the far left lane!

quick off topic story,,

At the end of the marktplatz there is a hot spring that flows out into a fountain. It resembles a mushroom and if your able to jump the "moat" and land on the mushroom you'll see that the spring flows out of a 3" section of pipe just below the surface of the mushroom. Since your there put your foot over the pipe and stop the flow of the spring. I recomend good shoes with a flat sole and a couple extra pairs of socks as your foot may get a bit warm.

If you stand there stopping the flow for about 15 minutes or so when you jump off the fountain will shoot about 20' in the air. I recommend this be done around 2 am and bring a couple friends to enjoy the show.

The first time I did that the Politzie happened along (luckily one spoke english) and he asked what I was doing and made me climb off. When he saw the saw the result of me stepping off the pipe he giggled a bit and asked me to do it again. Once he had seen the full on result we all got a good laugh out of it, I was then instructed to not do it again.
          Last edited by Da Tinman; 01-15-2012, 09:20 AM.
          http://datinmanspeaks.blogspot.com/

Comment

How is it you're listening to an American sports radio station in Germany?
            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              How is it you're listening to an American sports radio station in Germany?
              Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000619kl.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1671747Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000618kl.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	1671748
              Walter

80 Fiat Spider
              63 Lark Regal 4 Dr. sold 2015
              60 Hawk sold 2017 in England
              56 Golden Hawk
              56 Corvette (John Cougar Mellencamp's C1)
              68 Volvo P1800S
              56 Jaguar XK 140 DHC

http://www.speak-to-doc.de/oldi/

Comment

I assume you only have what we in North America call AM on our radios. About 520-1600 MHz. I believe in most of Europe it's called medium wave (it's called MW on my Grundig).
                Skip Lackie

Comment

Walter, Ich gratuliere Dich auf dein schonnen Wagen!
                  Hoffentlich im Zukunft wirdst Du viele gute Riesen in dein Hawk haben. Ich denke dass die GErman Street Rod Association ist ein guten Platz vur dich. www.gsra.de

Vielleicht ist dien Hawk nicht so schnell wie anderen Wagens, aber den Hawk sieht besser als den anderen neuen Wagens!

Viel gluck mit den Wagen.

Brian
                  sigpic 62 Hawk - Wisconsin barn find

Comment

Hi Walter,pleased to meet you,your overdrive question is easy ; do not use in steeper hills and mountains,your brakes do not like it.
                    Attention I always use clutch when changing in/out and of course no throttle(gas)
                    You can always put in at any speed,but put out only under +_ 20 km/hour.
                    hope your kickdownswitch is working too,and please please buy new tires,older then 6 to 12 years is dangerous.
                    I can help you with lots of things,if you want to drive LPG it also possible.greets Dick Waterreus,Oud-Beijerland Nederland

Comment

Walter,

Das Auto sieht es ja prima aus! Ich gratuliere! Bitte, zeigen Sie Uns noch mehrere Aufnahmen.
                      Last edited by hausdok; 01-15-2012, 02:45 PM.
                      Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                      Kenmore, Washington
                      hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                      '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                      '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                      '69 Pontiac Firebird
                      (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Walter,

congratulations with your beauty, und viel spass damitt.
                        The Blog: http://dutchstuderesto.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Da Tinman View Post

Now you need to add some horsepower and some gearing so you can run in the far left lane!
                          I was on that Autobahn (well, mostly E53) a few years ago in a rented little Audi doing 120 KPH in the right lane going from Munich to tour the 5 series factory in Dingolfing. The big Mercedes and BMWs would come by like I was standing still. They were moving so much air at speed they sounded like a freight train. I don't think a Hawk could stay in the left lane for long...but they look mighty fine even in the right lane!
                          Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                          X